Preface

This part is just catching you all up to speed on what's happening with everyone since the last book ended. It's NOT the first part of the story!

Burzek (Adam and Kim Ruzek) - Married, they have two daughters. Hannah, 9, and Ashley, 3. One son, Brayden, 9. They both work as elite detectives in the Intelligence Unit of the Chicago Police Department.

Linstead (Jay and Erin Halstead) - Married, they have a 14 year old daughter, Mikayla. Erin has since moved to New York to be with her mother, Lieutenant Olivia Benson. Jay and Mikayla still live in Chicago. Jay and Mikayla are still in contact with Erin and receive frequent visits from her.

Dawsey (Matthew and Gabriella Casey) - Married, they have a daughter MacKenzie, 11. They also have a newborn son, Andrew (Named after Casey's best friend who passed away. He was in the very first episode of Chicago Fire.)

Boight (Hank Voight and Olivia Benson) - They are a former fling. In their academy days, they were a little flirty. Hank is the sergeant of the Intelligence Unit in the 21st District of the Chicago Police Department. Olivia is the lieutenant of the Manhattan Special Victims Unit. Hank is still married to Camille.

Nadwater (Kevin Atwater and Nadia DeCotis) - A current fling. They have been together for six years now. Nadia is a patrolman, vying for a spot upstairs. Ever since the day Erin put her into rehab, she knew that being an officer is what she wanted to do.

Leslie Shay - Mother of a three year old baby girl. Upon the death of her fiancée, she decided to seek out who the donor was. It was discovered that it was her best friend Kelly Severide. He had always told her that if there was anything she ever needed, he'd be there for her. She is still debating on wether or not to give Ember (her baby) her last name, or Kelly's.

Kelly Severide - Lieutenant of Squad 3, currently dating Sienna Voight (Youngest child of Hank) employed with the Chicago Fire Department

Broman (Sean Roman and Sylvie Brett) - Engaged. He was given the opportunity to join Intelligence when Erin left, but denied. Sylvie is a paramedic for Ambulance 61.

The Dawson's (Antonio, Laura, Eva and Diego) Antonio is a detective for the Intelligence Unit, Laura is a nurse at Chicago Med, Eva is currently attending college abroad in Madrid. Diego is in his senior year of high school.

The Olinsky's (Alvin, Meredith, Lexi and Michelle) Al is still with the Intelligence Unit, Meredith is a stay at home mom, while Lexi and Michelle are USC graduates. Both are hoping to pursue careers in law enforcement.

Harley D'Angelo (The new patrolman) - A naïve brunette, fresh out of the academy. She's not the type to hold back, even if it means getting herself in trouble.

Xander Willams - The new paramedic who's having a hard time adjusting to the face paced lifestyle of Chicago. He is the youngest son of Boden's childhood best friend.

Not much has changed with everyone else. I cannot thank you all enough for the love and support with the first book. I hope you enjoy the second book! ❤️