Chapter 18 "Moving On"

Kelly came rushing to her side, picking her up in a hug. She laid her head on his shoulder as tears continued fall.

"Remember that day he and I were taken hostage?"

"Yeah."

"He told me to run and get help, so I did. I came back and found his head bashed in.We both had guns held to our heads...that guy chased after him. I jumped out from the corner and beat him to death. Roman saved my life that day."

"I'm gonna miss him out on patrol...nothing will be the same."

"I'm still trying to tell myself that this isn't happening."

"I don't know how I'm gonna get into that car now..."

"I'm gonna miss him so much..."

Hannah came over to her. "Where's Sean?"

Kim couldn't say anything because she was crying.

"Mommy? Are you okay?"

"He died..."

Hannah's lip started quivering as she wrapped her arms around her mother's neck.

The doctor looked at Sylvie. "He asked if I would give you this." He held his hand out and opened it.

In his hand was Sean's badge. Sylvie clutched it in her hand and held them close to her heart.

"Would you like to see him?"

She nodded.

"Follow me."

Her hand went over her mouth as she stepped into his room. She went over to his side and grabbed his hand.

"Why did you have to run in there? Why? You should've stayed outside like you were told. You meant a lot to me. Here, I want you keep this."

She unclipped her bracelet and placed it in his hands. "I know we may not be together anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop loving you."

"Knock knock."

She turned around to see Marcus standing in the doorway.

"Oh hey."

He pulled her into a hug.

"It's gonna be hard, and it's gonna take time."

"I loved him..."

"He was my little brother. It's hard to believe that he's never gonna annoy me again."

"He and I were planning on a family."

"You'll still have a family someday. I know you'd make a great mom."

"It won't feel right."

"What did my brother always tell you?"

"He would want me to move on and be happy. How can I possibly be happy when he's dead?"

"Give yourself time."

"Would it be okay if I came over your house to spend some time?"

"I have to check with the wife first, but I'm sure it'd be alright. She loves you, so I don't think there'd be a problem there."

**SIX WEEKS LATER**

Kim drove into the district parking lot, trying to avoid eye contact with the memorial stones. Sheldon's, Julie's, Amber's and now Sean's.

She had never really gotten close to Sheldon, but still felt awful. From her first day she worked there, he was the tech guy. If they had a problem with their radios, computers or what not, he was the guy they would go to. When she got into the locker room, Leslie was standing there, staring at something in her locker. Kim walked up behind her.