Chapter 40 "Officer Down"

He dropped the gun.

"You will turn around and you will kick that gun over to me."

After he kicked it over and she went to reach for it, he grabbed it and held it to her face.

"Did you think I would honestly fall for your silly little cop tricks?"

"We can do this one of two ways, Charlie. Either you peacefully surrender, or you get carried out of here in a body bag. The choice is up to you."

"You don't scare me."

"Oh I don't?" She tossed him an evil smirk.

"No, you don't."

She aimed the gun for his foot and fired.

He screamed out in pain and fell to the cold cement floor.

"Keep going and I'll shoot you somewhere else."

"Like where?"

"Where it matters." She said, placing her finger on the trigger once more and aiming it down towards his pants.

A big crash could be heard from the other room, and a few minutes later, Christopher and Bob appeared.

"Shay, get them out of here. We got Aubrey and Charlie."

"Whoa hold up, they're not going anywhere."

"Oh yes they are."

A minute later, the entire Intelligence and patrol unit were aiming guns.

"You better let them go or you're gonna wake up at the bottom of the river." Hank said in a deep voice.

"I'd like to think differently." Aubrey aimed the gun at Kim.

As the bullet was flying through the air, Chris jumped in front of her.

"DAD!" She hollered, running to his side.

A pool of blood was forming under his body where he had been shot.

"That bullet was meant for me!"

"I was protecting you..."

"But dad, you could die!"

"I would rather it be me than you. Those kids need their mother."

"They need their grandfather too."

"I've lived my life. You still have yours ahead of you."

"Don't talk like that. Do you hear me?!"

She hopped in the back of the ambo as he was being taken to the hospital.

"Xander, will you hurry up?!" Sylvie said, banging on the window.

"I'm going as fast as I can!"

Kim was holding her father's hand tightly as tears fell down her face.

"He'll make it."

"He was shot in the shoulder and lost a lot of blood...amiracle would help him, but in this city, those are rare to come by."

"Shit shit shit..." Sylvie whispered.

"What?"

"GOD DAMN IT."

As she went to pull something out from one of the drawers, they pulled into the hospital entrance way.

Once the situation at the warehouse was cleared, everyone came to the hospital. Sean walked over and sat next to her.

"Hear anything?"

"No."

He rubbed her back.

Maureen was walking down the hall, reading something on her clipboard.