Happy Anniversary Pt 2

Finally, it's your turn to order. Getting ready to pay, you place down your bags and begin to dig in your wallet for your card. Retrieving your card at last as you stretch out your hand....your movements come to a halt when you see Miguel beginning to pay with his phone.

"What are you doing?" You say as you try to push his hand away but it's too late.

"I told you when you're with me you don't pay for anything," he says as he places his phone back into his pocket his expression unreadable

"Well I'm not with you.....you just happened to be.......here," you say as you place your card back into your wallet picking up the bags you had in your hand

Not waiting for his response you begin to walk away to stand and wait for your food. You feel Miguel following behind you closely. You turn your head to steal a glance at him and you instantly get a flashback from all the times he would follow behind you like a lost puppy while you were out shopping in this very same mall. However, instead of you holding all of the bags it would be him.

With a sigh, you turn your head back around trying to shake out that memory. Things are over between you guys and it has been that way for 8 months it makes no sense to dwell on the past.

After a few minutes, your food is ready. You have to balance all of your bags in one hand and your tray of food in the other hand. The weight of the bags and the height of your shoes are causing your body to form an awkward angle.

"Here let me," he says while reaching out to grab the tray of food "No I got it don't touch me," you say moving away from him

"Ba-.....fuck stop it you're going to fall just let me help you"

" I said don't touch me, can't you fucking listen. I said I got it"

"Tan molesta... if you continue you're going to drop the food. I'm trying to help you baby please"

(Tan molesta=So annoying)

"How many times I gotta tell you to stop calling me that? Just call me by my freaking name since you clearly can't address me properly." At this point, you have made it halfway to a surprisingly secluded corner of the fast food chain at the mall. Putting all of your focus into not falling flat on your face you don't realize Miguel walking over to you.

By the time you do, he just grabs the tray from out of your hands and walks to the table, and takes a seat placing the tray on the seat opposite of him

"Why don't you listen to me? I told you I got it. You don't have to do things for me anymore." You say as you make your way hastily towards him.

"I'm not a baby, I can hold my own tray of food, Miguel. Like seri-" he cuts you off

"Be quiet before I eat your fries"

Did he just......no no no you probably just heard it wrong. Roughly sitting down on the chair you put your bags down next to you and lift up your shades to stare at him in disbelief

"Did you just threaten me...? What is wrong with you? You know I don't like shar-"

"Be quiet before I eat your fries" He repeats his voice is stern. Your eyes grow wide, the asshole is smirking now and as much as you hate to do it you stop talking. The last time you didn't listen to him he ended up hiding your Oreos. You searched everywhere in the house and you couldn't find it by the time you did.....They were stale, you were way too prideful to go out and buy another one, too prideful to admit defeat.

As you quietly begin to eat your food you hear him sigh. Irritated that he actually got you to be quiet when all you want to do is shred him to pieces with your words.