A Second Chance PT 3

Miguel is out of his element. Truthfully he doesn't even know why he's here. It's been a week since he's last seen you. Or rather it's been a week since Spiderman has last seen you maybe even more but truthfully he hasn't been keeping track. Since then he has seen you basically every day and still, to this day he doesn't know why he decided to walk you home. Every. Single. Night. Monday-Friday. Some days he doesn't even go up to the bar; sometimes he lingers in the shadows at the far end of the room, allowing the music to drown out his thoughts of work. He just stands there watching to see if any man tries to cause you harm.

It's insane really. He doesn't know how it has come to this. He made up his mind that he was only going to watch you go home from afar as Spiderman. But it didn't feel right. With the lack of his Spidey senses, anything could happen to you while he's leaping from roof to roof. He doesn't know why he's like this. He has no reason to do this, none whatsoever…. it just doesn't make any sense. But he narrowed it down to it being his Civic duty to watch out for you…his pregnant neighbor.

So now he stands here using an hour from his “break” after he just dropped you home at a flower shop. Searching for a flower for you. Well, he's not exactly going to give it to you Spiderman is. Surprisingly he felt….bad after leaving your place so abruptly he didn't mean to but he doesn’t feel like explaining why he left either. Truthfully he doesn't even know how to explain it; he's not fully ready to talk about what happened. It's best to keep all those years and all those memories he made locked away. As much as he cherishes them it brings him pain, more pain than he likes to admit. It's been years and it still hurts and he doesn't know when it will stop hurting only time will tell.

He takes a deep breath as he tries to clear his mind but easier said than done. He stares at the rows of flowers in front of him as he decides what he should get. This is the best that he can do. Miguel isn't one to apologize, he knows that anyone who knows him knows that, and everyone at Spider-Society knows that. So the next best thing that he thought of that is close to apologizing is getting you a gift. He remembers your words back at the bar about getting a woman something they need or doing something nice for them. He also remembers you stating that “every woman likes flowers” Hopefully that statement rings true to you.

He decides to get you a single rose. It's easy, simple, and practical. A bouquet of roses would be too much and he doesn't want to send you the wrong message. Walking out of the flower shop with the rose in hand he looks down at the small bag that he has. It's filled with a pair of slippers that he brought for you. This is beyond weird and out of his comfort zone. Honestly, there's a small part of him that wants to forget about all of this and goes back to what he does best being Spiderman and holding everything all together.

•°~°•
It's Wednesday afternoon and you're sitting in your living room on the floor with your back resting on the couch with your homework sprawled out on your brand-new coffee table. You tried to sit and do your homework at the kitchen counter on one of the stools but it hurts your back. So you decided to get a coffee table high enough where you could sit comfortably on the floor and not strain your back in order to lean over it.

These past 2 weeks have been extremely weird but fun at the same. Your annoyingly rude neighbor has been walking you home from work since 2 weeks ago. There are some days that you don't even see him at the bar but he always happens to be outside waiting for you with a scowl on his face. There are times when you guys walk in silence despite the Goodnights you send his way while you're both unlocking your doors which he doesn't return. But there were nights when you ended up talking the whole walk home. Or rather it's just you talking about your day and him humming in response to certain things. Is it pathetic to say that you enjoy walking and talking with him? Even though he's showing minimal signs that he actually cares about the words that are coming out of your mouth….it's just nice to have a person be there for you. He has to care just a smidge right since he's walking you home every day? Not once has he been late or made you wait on him. But it is weird that he hasn't given you his name. Maybe it is naive of you not to know anything about the man who lives next door and allow him to walk you home every night. However, if he wanted to kill you, you're positive that he would've done so already.