Just A Secretary Workplace AU Pt 4

Miguel looks at you stunned for a second before he processes what just happened. Not only was he prepared to carry you he wasn't expecting you to offer him some of his jacket. He slowly grabs the end of his jacket that you are offering him then stops and shakes his head. He's too nervous to make any sudden movements in case you'll pull away and change your mind.

"O'Hara...?"

He places it back onto you "I don't need any, I'll be fine."

You roll your eyes "You're going to get wet and it's not fair. So take the other end. It's big enough for the both of us." You hold it out to him again

He stares at you before taking the other end, lifting up his hand, and placing it over his head while making sure you get the majority of it. You try to lift up your hands to match his but he's just so tall and the height difference between you both doesn't help at all.

You look up at him "How tall are you?"

"6'5"

You scoff "Figures" He slowly begins to walk. In a matter of 2 strides, you're already falling behind, causing his jacket to slip off you a little bit. You try not to react when you feel him wrapping an arm around your waist to guide you.

"We have to walk at the same pace" He mumbles and you hum in response

Silence falls between you two once more as you make your way to his car. You steal a glance at him and instantly look away when you see that he's already looking at you.

"W-What is it?"

"What about you?" You raise your eyebrows

"What about me?"

"Your height......How tall are you?"

"Oh I'm 5'4 but with heels I'm about 5'7"

He scoffs "Figures" You turn your head to look at him.

"Are you mocking me, O'Hara?" His silence gives you your answer

"If you must know 5'4 is the-"

"Only someone that short will have that much attitude" As you look at him you see his lips turned slightly upwards. Is he.... smiling right now? You kind of step forward to catch a better look.

"Ew is that- are you smiling right now?"

He stops briefly to look down at you, his arm around your waist loosens a bit. "Ew...?" His smile, grin whatever that was immediately drops.

"Yeah ew.....it doesn't..." Your voice trails off. With that look on his face, you don't have it in you to finish your sentence.

"I've just never seen you smile, so it just took me off guard. I'm not saying that you're ugly or something, I'm just surprised, so don't think I was trying to call you ugly or anything. If I wanted to call you ugly I would've just...." You pause, your face is heating up from embarrassment and he's staring at you like you've lost your goddamn mind.

"I'm so-"

He cuts you off "We're here" He unlocks the car before opening the door for you. He places his jacket completely on you as he places a hand on your lower back and one in your hand to guide you inside. He's being so gentle and nice with you and here you were about to call the man ugly for smiling.....You have to apologize, your comment was so uncalled for and the look on his face when you said "Ew" for the second time made you feel like an asshole.

When you finally get situated in the car you begin to fold his jacket neatly placing it on your lap. He stares at you for a moment before he shuts the door. You buckle your seatbelt and hug yourself to create some heat. Once he gets in the car he runs his fingers through his damp hair to push it away from his face. Reaching over he takes his jacket from your lap and places it in the backseat. He begins to back the car out, turning his body towards you with one hand on the steering wheel and the other behind him his buttons straining against his chest. You can't help but stare he looks.... really attractive like that. He's just really attractive in general. You would've been lying straight through your teeth if you would've called this man ugly. As you stare at him you notice that his left arm which he's using to steer is completely soaked. What in the world...? If you both were using his jacket as cover he shouldn't be.... despite your legs you're completely dry.