A Second Chance PT 5

Can you believe it? A man like him is having a hard time speaking all because of the presence of some—some girl. There has to be a glitch or a tear in the universe because this makes no sense. Miguel is a confident man. It's really hard not to be when he's the mastermind of creating the Spider Society. Maybe it's just….because it's been a very long time someone wanted to take a deep dive into his mind or maybe it's just because you cared. Whatever the reason is for it the whole time he was talking his face was burning up beneath his suit to the point it was almost too hard to breathe.

This isn't like him; he's not a shy or a nervous person. He's a man who takes pride in his work and everything that he does so this current feeling of nervousness or whatever it's called is not like him. At. All.

Finally finishing up with telling his story he keeps his eyes glued to the screens in front of him. He watches from his peripheral as you get up and walk over to him. Every moment he's with you he thanks the universe that he has to wear his mask when he's Spiderman. With all the awkward moments that he has with you, he doesn't know what he would've done if you had to see his face every single time. He's positive you would've teased him for it.

You stop a few feet next to him looking at the screens before looking back at him. “Your brain is really amazing. Not everyone has the knowledge to do what you've done”

“Yeah I know”

“Do you think I could have a tour before I officially start? As someone who can't walk on walls this place is scary” He can hear the nervousness laced in your laugh. He feels bad he didn't mean to forget about you both earlier. Technically he didn't, he had 2 screens with a camera view of the lobby, and the entire street of the building he was prepared to get you. He just…got lost in his work as usual.

He sighs as he turns to look at you. “I don't have time to do tours. I'm busy” He stares at you for a little bit, assessing your features he hates when you do that. It looks like the lights in your eyes just got snuffed out by his words. He groans only for a few minutes and then he'll go straight back to work.

“Fine, I'll only show you the places that you can walk on. My time is limited so you have-” He pauses the second his ears pick up on Peter's voice. He doesn't want you to meet Peter or any of the spiders at all. Honestly, he wanted to avoid you meeting Jess as much as possible, and look how well that went. There's really no need for you to meet the other Spiders you meeting them alone would just bring him a headache. He's sure that they would bother you both and you wouldn't even tell them to stop because you're too nice.

Pressing the button that allows the platform to rise he uses his index finger to motion you to come closer. “Spidey why did you just-”

“Stop talking” When he hears them coming closer he places a hand on your forearm and gently drags you backwards towards the screens. He tries his hardest not to look down at you but it's hard when you are more than 5 inches smaller than him. He uses his body as a barrier to prevent you from being seen.

You lower your voice to a whisper. “Miguel, what's going on?” When they finally enter his office he groans it's all of them. Gwen, Peter, Hobie, and Jess surprisingly Patvir isn't there. He should've known Jess probably told them about you.

“Hey Miguel, how's your day going? I heard you got a new assistant.” Miguel places his fingers to his lips signaling you to be quiet but he hardly doubts that's going to actually work. He's sure you would talk to the plants outside if given the chance.

“Leave me alone I'm busy”

“Aw come on we're friends don't be like that”

“Jess I find it hard to believe that Miguel would actually speak to another woman who isn't Lyla”