Just A Secretary, Workplace AU PT 12

You've been walking for God knows how long. You don't feel real. None of this feels real. Miguel just- why would he do that? You thought everything was fine. No, you knew everything was fine so then why......Why did he just discard you as if you were a piece of trash? As if you meant nothing to him. All you wanted to do was tell him about the email you've received in hopes that you guys can work things out. Find the person who sent this to you, hold them accountable and you and Miguel would still be together or maybe you guys could've just revealed your relationship on your own terms. But no...he just ended things with you and forced you to act like he didn't just break your heart in two. How does he expect you to work beside him like this?

When you finally pull yourself out of your thoughts you take in your surroundings and realize that you've walked yourself to the hospital where your sister is at. Just looking at the hospital makes you want to cry. You go into your sister's room pull up a chair to her bed place her hand in yours as you rest your head on her thighs as you begin to weep.

•°~°•

Miguel's office is a wreck. As soon as you left he threw his papers to the side and punched a hole into his wall. Letting you go was way harder than he thought. The minute he heard your voice break was the minute he wanted to forget everything; it was the minute he wanted to hold you in his arms and tell you everything. He knew he shouldn't have let you go like that. But how else was he supposed to end things? Was he supposed to lie and say that he didn't love you? Was he supposed to lie and say that you meant nothing to him?

Then to make matters even worse when he saw you walking out the door his chest started to hurt, it felt heavy. It's as if rocks and rocks were piled on top of him and all he could do was sit there and let it happen. Every fiber in his being knew that you wouldn't stay. So then why did he wish that you did? Once again he was being selfish. Once again he expected you to miraculously understand why acts the way he acts. But how could you when he didn't explain anything to you? Was there even another option?

Of course, there was.

But would you have even wanted to listen to him knowing that he failed you? Knowing that he couldn't keep your worst nightmare from happening? It doesn't matter now cause you walked out. Walk out of your shared office, walk out of his company, walk out of his life in the ways that matter. He decided it was for the best you guys couldn't possibly have been together with those pictures out there. With those pictures in the hands of someone who clearly doesn't give a shit about you.

Miguel forces himself to pick up his discarded papers on the floor. Trudging back to his desk he places the papers down and flattens his palms against the surface. Taking a deep breath stopping mid inhale he tilts his head to the side before taking a whiff of the air.

It smells like you.

He needs to clean off his desk.....it's not sanitary. But most importantly he needs to find whoever is responsible for not only taking the pictures of the two of you but leaking them as well.

•°~°•

The next morning you wake up to the sound of your alarm clock. You groan as you lean over to shut it off. Staring at the ceiling you contemplate whether you should go to work or not. Your eyes are puffy and almost swollen shut with how much you've been crying. Does he expect you to come in today? Does he even expect you to come in for the rest of the week?

Over and over again you tried to justify his actions. You tried to relive each day since your sister first fell into a coma. To find something, anything that indicates where it all went wrong. If things started falling apart between the two of you. Or if there were any times in which you both started drifting away.