Just A Secretary Workplace AU Pt 6

You are both standing in the elevator in silence. You don't know what happened even though he said you did nothing wrong then why is ignoring you? Exiting the elevator you walk to your door standing in front of it about to put your keys in and then you slowly turn around. If he has a problem with you he needs to just say you're both adults here.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's got your panties in a bunch"

He snorts "Get inside I have work to do"

"If you cared about the work that you had to do you would've brought us there instead of bringing me home. So go on answer me about what happened, Why are you ignoring me, Miguel?"

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head "....Did you go straight inside the kitchen like I told you?"

"Yes I did I tried to find it do you think I can't follow direct-"

He takes a deep breath and places his hands on your forearms pulling you closer "Listen listen...I'm not mad at you. I just wish that didn't happen to you. You didn't deserve-....If I didn't ask you to come with me none of this would've happened." You try to take a step back but he doesn't allow you huh?

"Don't say that despite everything I actually enjoyed myself, but........I thought you were mad at me"

He shakes his head no "I could never be mad at you mi sol" He tucks one of your curls behind your ears. You get a sense of Deja Vu like you've both been in this position before.

He takes a deep breath and takes a step back, his hands going into his pockets. "Inside"

You roll your eyes. "You and your one-word commands"

He smiles "Put ice on your arm f'me" You slowly nod your head yes and you stand there staring at him. Before you can stop yourself your feet are already moving you. He gives you a confused look before you wrap your arms around his neck pulling him into a hug. What are you doing? You take a deep breath before you open your mouth to speak.

"T-thank you for sticking up for me. You didn't have to do that but you did and in front of a new business partner at that. I-" You exhale "Thank you" You wait for him to speak but he doesn't say anything. You then realize that he isn't hugging you back. Shit, you overstepped. You begin to panic as you pull yourself off of him.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't-" You stop talking when you feel him pulling you in close, his arms wrapping around your waist before he unrhythmically pats your back. When was the last time he hugged someone?

"As long as you're with me I'll protect you" You guys stay like that for what feels like forever before he pulls away.

"Now go" You give him a nod before you unlock your door.

•°~°•

Thursday

You're waiting outside at the back of your campus like Miguel requested but your class ended a little bit early today. You're having a conversation with one of your classmates from your Philosophy class discussing today's lesson and the homework for tonight. The conversation is pleasant and sweet but then the wind blows causing your dress to lift up a little bit. You and him laugh as you both try to keep your dress down. You watch as his face slowly becomes painfully neutral as he stares at something above your head. Before you can turn around you hear a familiar deep voice from a few feet behind you.

"I'll take it from here" Your classmate drops his hand immediately and wishes you a goodbye and walks in the opposite direction. Why is everyone so intimidated by him? You turn around to face him, your hands still holding down your dress.