Prototype - Fate/Turned Reality

(Well, I wanted to write something different this time. It's more or less a proof of concept of a story chapter like how I did with Great King Arthur. I could turn it into a full book, but I want to get myself ready before even thinking of doing so, so I'll just write a prototype here.

Enjoy!~)

"I ask of you. Are you our Master?"

Y'know, if you were pointed at sword tip by a... British woman, I would've been scared to death.

But she saved me... so I shouldn't really complain about it.

But oh boy, did I ended up being thrown into a mess of a trouble thanks to this weird phone that I got...

Few hours ago, morning...

Hi there! Name's Rekishi Kaido. I'm just a high school student who's enjoying life as usual. Right now, I stuffed some toasts into my mouth and dash out of my home that my parents rented for me, but not before locking the door first, of course.

Am I late? Nah, it's just who I am, dashing through the road in high adrenaline after eating a full breakfast. The toast? That's a snack for my train trip.

Speaking of, I got in and finished my toast, as the train is heading straight to Sentouki High, apparently a school that excels swordplay.

It took like ten minutes until I got there, and then I walk the rest to my homeroom. After getting there, I pulled out my phone and play my favorite game: Heroes of Legend.

"Hi there, Kaido!" Ah, there's my nerdy friend, Mita. I said that because he's the top scorer of our class. As for myself, well... I did average. "Did you read the story of King Arthur last night? Masuda-sensei would drop a pop quiz if you're not prepared enough."

"That? Psh, I find that boring." And that's my jerk side. I find history boring, despite my surname literally means 'history'. It's also my weakest subject, so I often gotten low scores on that.

"I knew you would say that, so I got you a cheatsheet for it." Mita then give me a small piece of paper with words on them. I took a read on it and, typical Mita, he only wrote five things about the upcoming subject.

"So Arthur, Merlin, Excalibur, Knights of the Round Table, and Camlann." I read it out loud. "Thanks for that. I think I'd get sixty on that pop quiz."

Just in time, the bell rings, and surprise surprise, Masuda-sensei entered our class and begin his lecture.

By the time the pop quiz happened, I remembered the cheatsheet and put it in as my answer. Surprisingly, I got sixty on that. Thanks Mita!

~~ >> ~~

The rest of the school went by quick, and right now I'm walking to the shopping district. I go there to read some manga after school.

When I was heading there, something weird happened. Some guy in dark robe just running towards me. Instinctively, I rolled to the side, but I also threw my phone to the ground unknowingly. When that happened, the weird guy passes by me while jumping over my phone.

I'm still confused of what just happened, but I should get my phone first. Thankfully, it's still intact, so I pocketed it and continue my way to the district.

Little did I knew that my phone's not actually my phone.

~~ >> ~~

After reading the newest chapter of Jovian Pirates, I went back home and go to my room, so I can play Heroes of Legen- huh?

So... apparently, I now know that despite looking the same, this isn't my phone. Why? Because this app called Fate/Grand Order is on the place of Heroes of Legend.

Should I freak out by it? Nah. Instead, I want to try it out. But... it crashes... Ah well. Guess I'll install Heroes of Legend again.

Later on, after reconfiguring my account for HoL, I played for a bit and let my phone charge after that.

I gone downstairs to get some food, but man, I realized that I ran out of eggs. So I go back and grabbed my phone, and went off to the convenience store to buy some. On my way there, I felt something ominous around me, but I guess that's just the cold night wind, so I didn't mind it that much.

After buying the eggs, I went back home, but the same ominous feeling came back. What's with the wind right now? Before I knew it, my path got cut off by some black mist in front of me. This is getting creepier by the minute!

The next thing happened is that shadowy people formed from the mist. It even came with swords and everything! So, I ran and panicked.

"What the hell is going on?! This never happened every time I buy something at the Yozora!"

I tried another way, but the same mist blocked it off, and more of those monster spawned. Out of desperation, I threw the eggs at them, but it just went through them!

I'm so screwed!

Then, something even crazier happened.

My phone vibrates, and I realized that I should call the police. But instead, the phone is showing a title screen of that other game that came with this phone.

Fate/Grand Order.

Before I can even think of anything, the screen changes to show "Fatal Battle, 1/1". The next thing that happened is that the screen glows bright as hell, and I dropped my phone because of it. And then, something came out of it!

It was a person, though I can't make the details because of how blinding it is. They have blonde hair with a crown on their head and... is that blue cape? Wait, I think I see a sword from that guy.

The person then rushes towards the shadow monsters and slashes them with their sword. I was too dumbstruck to register what's going on now. The person keeps on slashing the shadow until there's nothing left, and with that, the shadow mists are gone. The person stopped in front of me, and the cloud then moved away to give way to the moonlight, making me able to see my savior.

... Blonde hair... emerald eyes... feminine face... that was a girl?! Wait no, is she a Knight with that outfit?!

I want to speak, but the girl then pointed her sword at me. I'm now pissed in my pants now!

"... I ask of thee..."

Hold on... is that Yamanote dialect? Wait, she's clearing her throat.

"... I ask of you, are you our Master?"

Under the moonlight, the probably beautiful woman asked me if I'm her Master. It's weird, but at this point, I really don't know anymore.

Little did I know however, my phone left a message for me...

Welcome to Chaldea, Play- 48th candid- Our Master.

(And that's that! If you can guess already, this is inspired by many FGO stories that centered around Servants coming out of a phone. But I want to write it that the Servants in the future book are already summoned in-game and appears in real life whenever the plot wants it.
As always, I hope you guys enjoyed, and Peace Out!~)