~ "The Mall." ~

Here it was, Saturday at last.
Milly and Jake were waiting outside for Sean, who was supposed to get off work and come to the mall after changing.
"Hey guys, sorry I'm a bit late. My boss wanted to talk with me," Sean says, walking up behind them. Jake had startled at first, but he was fine now.
"Hopefully good things-?'' Jake says.
"Yeah all good things. She tells me I'm employee of the month," Sean answers. Jake smiles.
"That's good!"
"Okay, gaybirds. Let's go before I puke. I want to get some shopping done,I need a new guitar pick." Milly interrupts. Jake and Sean snap back into reality.
"Gaybirds-?" Sean repeats, confused.
"Luke and Zander are lovebirds, so you guys are the gaybirds." Milly declares, grinning. "Anyway, my pick broke so I need a new one and then I want dinner. Can we please get moving? Instrument shop,one or two clothing stores,hit the pizza shop, then arcade?"
"Sounds like a plan," Jake replies. Sean nods. The trio walks into the mall and heads straight for the top floor, where the instrument shop is. They carry special music writing tools, different instruments (obivously), and other things music related.
They walk into the store and Milly heads right for the guitar section.
"While we're here I should pick up a new practice mic for myself. My mic back at school is old and messed up," Jake mumbles. He starts toward the microphones. Sean follows close behind, and as they walk, Sean grasps onto Jake's hand gently. Jake can't help but smile.
"What's your budget range? I can help you get the best one you can," Sean offers.
"Ah- most expensive being 40-50 dollars-? We're a little short on money so I only have my pocket money," Jake looks around.
"I know just the one then. It's 25 bucks, too. It's not bad for a cheap microphone." Sean says, picking one up off the shelf.
"How do you know about microphones and stuff though-?" Jake asks.
"My cousin is big on singing. Actually, she hit pretty big with her song 'Santamia' whatever that means." Sean responds.

(Idk if that's an actual song or even word I'm just making it up ✨️)

"Sweet," Jake replies. Sean's grasp on Jake's hand tightens just slightly. Jake looks down at their hands and then looks back up.
"Ready to go pay for this?" Sean asks.
"Yeahh, let's go. The scent of wood cleaner in here is overwhelming," Jake mutters.

After they checked out a few clothing stores and bought some things, the trio of music geeks found their way to the pizza shop and order a large stuffed crust half bacon, ham and pepperoni, half pepperoni and pineapple pizza. Pineapple for Milly, the other half to share between Sean and Jake.
"Pineapples on pizza is absolutely a disgrace to society!" Jake concludes.
"No! Pineapples not on pizza is a disgrace to society!" Milly interjects.
"Both of you shush and eat," Sean says, shutting the argument down.
Sean's hand was centimeters from Jake's arm while on the table. Milly kept looking between the two, grinning mischievously.
Sean's fingers brush against Jake's arm. Jake looks at Sean, his cheeks a light pink.
"Uh- n- need something?" Jake asks.
"Can you pass me one of the napkins-?" Sean asks, averting his eyes as to not make eye contact.
"Sure-" Jake hands Sean the napkin and goes back to eating, but Sean's hand doesn't move.