~ "Birthday Boy" ~

Jake wakes up to find Sean sitting at his desk chair on his phone, waiting.
"Sean..?" Jake says, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Sean was wearing the outfit he wore on their first actual date the other day.
"Happy birthday, Mio caro," Sean replies, putting his phone away and smiling.
"How long have you been here?" Jake asks.
"Only about a minute," Sean answers, chuckling. "Your mom has a surprise for you downstairs once you're dressed."
"Okay then," Jake gets up and pulls a pair of jeans, Sean's hoodie, and a gray T-shirt out of his drawers and goes to the bathroom to get dressed and brush his hair.
He links elbows with Sean and walks downstairs with him.
"Happy birthday!" Ms. Sterling shouts, popping out of the kitchen. She was looking much more put together than she had been lately. Her hair was tied neatly in a bun, she was wearing a nice gray dress, and blue flats. She had done her makeup nicely and her eyes sparkled today.
"Mom!" Jake let's go of Sean's and hugs her. She hugs back.
"You should go to the living room while I finish up with your cake, kiddo," Ms. Sterling says.
"Alright then," Jake let's go of his mom and walks to the living room with sean, where his friends were waiting.
Zander and Luke were on the couch, Zander dressed in a purple sweater and black dress pants, Luke wearing his usual khaki pants and a red flannel. Milly was wearing a pair of blue shorts and a purple shirt (practically like always), and Hailey was wearing her black dress from the competition.
"Happy birthday, Jake!" Hailey says, smiling.
"Happy fucking birthday!!" Milly shouts.
"Language please!" Ms. Sterling calls.
"Sorry!"
"Happy birthday," Zander says, smiling slightly.
"Happy birthday,man," Luke smiles as he says this.
"Thanks guys, this means a lot," Jake replies, smiling warmly.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GAY FUCKER," Milo yells, jumping onto Jake's back.
"ACK-" Jake looks at Milo.
"MILO STERLING. LANGUAGE!" Ms. Sterling yells.
Everyone starts to laugh and Ms. Sterling brings the cake out to the coffee table, candles stuck into it and a lighter in her hand. She sets out plates and forks and grabs a knife to cut the cake. She lights the candles one by one.
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you; happy birthday dear Jake! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sings.
"CHA CHA CHA!" Milo and Milly yell. Jake laughs and blows the candles out.
"Jake, would you like to cut the cake?" Ms. Sterling asks, offering the knife.
"Of course," Jake takes the knife and cuts the two layer cake into a few pieces before putting them on the plates and handing them out, making sure to give himself the biggest piece.
Sean pokes his fork into the corner of Jake's piece and pulls a small piece off, eating it.
"Boyfriend tax~," Sean says.
"Yeah yeah," Jake chuckles and takes some of Sean's as payback, eating it and then starting on his own piece.
Sean smiles and leans against Jake, seeming just happy to be there, happy that Jake's happy.
"Happy birthday, bud," Ms. Sterling says. "I'm sorry I couldn't get much, but I did get you something."
She pulls out a CD and hands it to Jake. The case wasn't even opened. He stares at it for a moment before gasping.
"Mom! This is- this is our song!" Jake exclaims.
"I asked Sean to help me. He gave me a hard drive with your song on it, recorded and all, and I went to a music shop. Luckily our local one could turn it into a CD. Then Hailey helped me print out the song cover and what not," Ms. Stlering explains.
Jake smiles warmly, hugging his mom tight.
"I love all of you guys, so much," Jake utters.
"GROUP HUG!" Milly yells. Everyone, even Zander, moves in for the hug.