~ "Dad." ~

Jake and Sean were walking toward the other end of town, where Jake's dad lives.
"Think he'll try to hit me?" Sean asks.
"Hes not that protective. I hope." Jake answers, smiling nervously.
"That's... reassuring-." Sean mutters. Jake chuckles lightly and rests his head against Sean's arm as they wall.
The two walk farther, up to a white house with a red door. Mr. Sterling's house.
Jake let's out a dramatic sigh, "Time to see the old hag- I- I mean, my father." (Michael Afton vibes, anyone?)
"Let's go," Sean says with a shake of his head.
Jake's hand goes straight to the door, ignoring the doorbell. He loves annoying his father like this. He knocks four times, then two times, then four, then three. Each with a small space of time between the group of knocking.
The door opens. A brunette woman opened the door.
"Uh, I didn't know your dad was a woman," Sean whispers in Jake's ear.
"Who the hell are you?" Jake asks, his eyebrow raised.
"I should be asking you that, young man. This is my house." The woman responds, hands on her hips.
"Your house? This is my dad's house-" Jake says.
"Hon, whose at the- Jake!" A blonde man says as he steps behind the woman. "Melissa, you can let the two inside. It's my son and a friend of his."
"You didn't tell me you had a son," the brunette woman mutters.
"I have two of them. You just never asked. They don't come 'round often enough," Mr. Sterling answers.
"You're always busy," Jake mumbles, walking into the house. "God your house changed. It looks so... feminine."
"Melissa's fault." Mr. Sterling chuckles.
"You got married again without even inviting Milo and I to the wedding?" Jake inquires.
"No no, Melissa is my long-time girlfriend. About 3 years now. Well," Mr. Sterling pauses.
"You proposed recently?" Jake finishes Mr. Sterling's sentence.
"That he did. Your name is?" Melissa responds.
"I'm Jake. Uh- and this is my boyfriend, Sean." Jake answers.
"Boyfriend-?" Mr. Sterling questions.
"Heh, surprise-?"
"Hm.." Mr. Sterling squints. "Hurt my son and I break every bone in your body." Mr. Sterling then smiles warmly. "Welcome to the Sterling family!"
A bead of sweat formed on Sean's brow. "Th- thank you,sir-"
Jake smiles and grasps Sean's hand. Melissa adjusts the ring on her finger and walks away toward the kitchen, leaving the boys alone.
"Well, how's my Milo?" Mr. Sterling asks.
"He's Milo-dramatic." Jake answers.
"So- same as always." Mr. Sterling laughs.
"Yep,"
The day ended with Jake, Mr. Sterling, Sean, and Melissa having a snack in the living room and talking about life, sharing stories, and, Mr. Sterling's favorite, gossiping.

~~~~~~~
A/N: I take no credit for the 'Milo-Dramatic' comment. That was inspired!
~~~~~~~
A/N: It's back! (Atleast until I start school in a week or two)