~ "On My Way" ~

Jake sat in his room, headphones on, music blasting, tears dripping. He hated seeing his mom like this. She tries to look put together and then five minutes later she's gone to the bathroom to cry her eyes out.
Jake scribbled out depressing little lyrics in his book.
His phone dinged.

Sean<3
"Hey!"
Jake :)
"Hi"
Sean<3
"What's wrong?"
Jake :)
"Nothing, wdym?"
Sean<3
"I know your texting habits. That was one of the most depressing 'hi's I've ever read. So what's wrong??"
Jake :)
"Can I just come over and tell you?"
Sean<3
"Jake you are always welcome at my house. Come on over"
Jake :)
"Alright, omw then."

Jake smiles a little bit and then slides his shoes on. He gets up and shoves his phone in his pocket, walking out of his room.
He starts his way to Sean's house, hands stuffed in the hoodie pockets. (The hoodie that Sean never got back)
"Mom! Mom look!" A little was screaming. On the other side of the road, a little girl and her mom were outside. The girl was learning to ride a bike.
That just reminded Jake of when he was learning to ride a bike. His mom had been so happy she actually started to cry.
Jake shakes his vigorously.
"Goddammit, stupid head," Jaek grumbles under his breath.
He walks past Drew's large house, but he keeps going, even though a woman with purple-pink hair waved at him.
"Hello, Jake!"
Jake sighs, turns, and waves back. "Hello," he calls. The woman was Drew's aunt, she lived with Drew and his family because she had been Drew's caretaker when he was a kid. Now she just kind of smooched off her brother (Drew's dad) as a revenge for the shit attitude he has. She was actually really nice though. Probably the only one of Drew's family members, including Drew, that Jake liked.
Jake turns and continues on his walk, passing the school. Then he turns right at an intersection and walks another block, reaching Sean's house.
Jake wipes his face to make sure it doesn't look like he had been bawling, then steps up to the front door and rings the bell. The door pops open immediately, as if Sean had been waiting. Which he probably had.
Jake enveloped in a big bear hug before Jake can even utter a breath.
"Alright, my room, now," Sean says, gently pulling Jake into the house and up the staircase to his room.
He makes Jake sit on the bed.
"Tell me what's going on," Sean says softly.
"Just... worried about my mom. Her... hee whole jobless fiasco is getting to her and now it's starting to scare me..." Jake mutters in response. "I- Sean, I don't want- I don't want to lose my mom..."
"Oh, Jake.." Sean sighs and sits on the bed well, pulling Jake into his lap. He brushes a strand of hair out of Jake's face. "You're not gonna lose her, if I know anything about your mom, it's that she loves you too much. She'd rather be cooked alive than leave you and Milo alone.''
Jake takes a few deep breaths. He was starting to get teary-eyed again.
A tear, hot and salty, dripped down his cheek. But Sean wiped it away.
"It'll be okay, I promise," Sean puts his hand on Jake's cheek. "I swear on my life, it'll all work out in the end."
"Thank you, Sean, for being here for me..." Jake murmurs.
"Of course, mio caro," Sean responds tenderly, moving to wrap his arms around his boyfriend in a protective but comforting manner.
Jake rests his head on Sean's shoulder, taking more deep breaths.
"Don't ever be afraid to come over and talk, or even just sit in silence with me, Jake," Sean whispers, rubbing Jake's back.
"O- okay," Jake replies, stumbling over his own words.
Sean smiles warmly and comfortingly, happy he can help the love of his life.

~~~~~
A/N: sorry I know it's been a little while 😅 how do you like this chap?