~ "The Diner" ~

Jake walked out to Sean's car, smiling. It was a nice Hyundai. Sean's dad had just bought it for the young adult a few days ago, and Sean seemed to enjoy driving Jake around. Today, Sean was wearing a black T-shirt with a nice sweater and some jeans.
Jake was wearing his black and purple jacket from the competition, a gray shirt with a microphone on it, and some ripped jeans. He had his usual necklace on as well and his hair was tied into a small bun at the back of his hair in the back.
"Hello, Mio Caro," Sean says, leaning over once Jake is sat in the car, kissing Jake's forehead. Jake blushes and smiles, taking Sean's hand.
"Hii!" Jake responds.
Today was Sean and Jake's dinner date that they'd been planning for the last like two weeks.
"Can you be my GPS, Jake?" Sean asks, starting the car again.
"Yeah of course," Jake pulls his phone out and types in the name of the restaurant. It was a generic diner at the edge of town, but the food was good and the place was known for good dates.

Once they pull into a parking space, Jake and Sean get out of the car and walk into the diner. The waitress sat them at a booth.
"Can I get you a drink to start off your night?" She asks.
"Can I have a coffee?" Jake says, looking at the laminated menu.
The waitress writes the drink down.
"I'll have a vanilla milkshake," Sean says, smiling at the woman. She smiled back and wrote the order down before walking away.
"So how was your day, love?" Sean asks, gently taking Jake's hand away from the menu. It was so small compared to Sean's, it was amusing.
"It was good, and now it's nearly a million times better," Jake muses, smiling warmly.
"Well that's good,"
The two sat and talked for a little when the waitress came back.
"Here are your drinks. Can I take your food order yet or do you need more time?" The waitress says as she puts the two drinks down.
"I'd like the bacon macaroni dish, with a side of fries," Jake replies as he hands her his menu.
Sean hands her his menu as well, "Just the Ceasars salad for me, double his fries and I'll steal some of those."
"Coming right up," the waitress walks away.

When the waitress came back about twenty minutes later with the boys' food, Sean feels around his pockets.
"Oh shit-" he murmurs.
"What is it, hon?" Jake asks, putting down his fork. He had been about to take the first bite of his food.
"I left my wallet in the car," Sean mumbles.
"I'll go get it," Jake offers.
"Really?"
"Of course," Jake smiles and takes the keys from Sean, walking out of the diner.
Sean smiles. This was his chance. He'd left his wallet in the car on purpose, so that this would happen.
Sean pulls out a small velvet blue box.

Jake came back into the diner and gave Sean the wallet. He sat down.
"You could have started eating," Jake says.
"Wanted to wait for you," Sean responds,, smiling. The box was in his pocket again now.
Jake chuckles and picks up his fork, picking up some macaroni. Then he stared at his fries for a moment. Something was off.
"Something wrong, love?" Sean asks.
"No," Jake chuckles and puts the macaroni into his mouth. He swallows and then he picks up a few fries and eats them. He picked something else up afterwards.
"Oh my god-" Jake gasped. The thing he'd picked was a ring, wrapped in a plastic covering so it wouldn't get dirty.
"Sean did you-"
"Yeah. It's a promise ring."
Jake smiled warmly, unwrapping the ring from its covering and putting it on his finger.
"God Sean," Jake chuckles softly. "You're amazing." He got up and walked over to Sean's side of the table and sat down next to the taller boy, Jake sat on his knees and cupped his hands on Sean's face, kissing him.