Chapter 2. We're good.

I sat on the couch with tears running down my face. It's like ripping a new born away from their mother.

"Hey. You feeling better?" I wipe my tears.

"Can you take me home now?" She shook her head.

"You know I can't do that. I-" "Do you like seeing me upset?" She shook her head again. "So take me home." She sighs.

"I know you want to be with him but you can't risk the chance of getting sick if you're here. I'll keep you posted on how he's doing when I go there but yo-"

"LET ME GO BACK!!" I scream. "Calm down." She says. "No! I just...." I break down and cry. A lot. "I'll call him."

~Phone call~ R: Ross L: Laura M: McKenna

R: Hey.
L: Hey. Uh, you need to talk to her.
R: She can't handle it can she?
L: Not really. She's like, having a meltdown.
R: I feel awful. Put her on.
________________________________
R: McKenna?
M: Y-Yes. Can I c-come home?
R: No. Not yet. Listen baby girl, this is super important.
M: I'm listening.
R: I need you to take a deep breath and relax. You'll see me soon.
M: But I-
R: I love you. Bye.
M: No wait!

He hung up on me. I run to the kitchen and grab a knife.

"McKenna what are you doing?!" Vanessa her sister shouts and Laura comes running in.

"Take me back or I'll kill myself." I say. I wouldn't actually but if this is what it takes, so be it.

"Okay. Go to the car." I grab my bag and wait for Laura. "What I said in the kitchen is between us. Okay?"

She nods. We drive to my house and it's taking forever. We finally get back. I bolt out of the car and run inside. "Hello?" I hear from the kitchen. I run in and jump into Ross's arms. "What are you," he begins coughing, "doing here?" He asks. "Sit. I'll make you some tea."

Ross's POV:

I was just making myself some soup for my throat. I feel really bad for McKenna. She seems to be having a really hard time with this. I hear someone close the door. "Hello?" I call. It's probably Laura. Then McKenna comes in and hugs me. "What are you," I cough a bit, "doing here?" I ask. "Sit. I'll make you some tea." She says and tries to turn around but I stop her. "Look at me." I say. She looks up at me.

"You need to calm down and you have to go back." She smiles.

"I can take care of you." I sigh.

"How did you-" I'm cut off by her lips. She grabs the back of my hair.

"Excuse me?" I pull away and see Laura. "Let's talk. You can make my tea."

We head to the living room. "Why did you bring her back?"

I whisper-shout. "She held a knife and said she was going to kill herself if I didn't take her back. What was I supposed to do?"

I'm pretty shocked. "You can go. I think I need to have a long talk with her. "Alright. Sorry Ross." I shake my head.

"It's not your fault." She leaves. "McKenna? In here. NOW!" I shout.

McKenna's POV:

I run in to see Laura is gone. "Hi." He looks kind of angry.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?!" He yells. "Are you mad at me?"

He stands up and towers over me. "I want to know what the hell is wrong with you!"

He growls. "Ross. I don't k-know what you're t-talking about." I stutter and back up until I hit the wall.

"Why on earth would you ever say you would kill yourself?!" I curse under my breath.

"Laura said she wouldn't tell." I run my fingers through my hair. "Oh don't you blame this on her! Are you CRAZY?! You are carrying our baby and you couldn't use your brain and think about someone other than yourself."

I frown almost in tears. "Don't you da-re think of shedding one te-ar." His voice is cutting out.

"Don't yell when you're sick. It'll ruin your voice." I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Anything else to say?" I bite my tongue to keep tears from falling but I fail.

"Stop trying to make me feel sorry for you." He says.

"I-I'm not. I didn't want to upset you. Couldn't you see I was having a hard time? If you let me stay in the first place, we wouldn't be in this situation." I say in anger.

"Well you called Laura when I said I was fine." He says getting closer to my face.

"If you told me you were sick, I wouldn't have called her." I tell him and take a step closer. Were now face to face. He looks extremely hot when he's mad. Even if he's sick. I glance down at his lips and back to his eyes. He does the same.

"Don't you ever do that again okay?" He growls.

"As long as you don't try to kick me out again." He sighs. "I was doing that for you. Why can't you get that through you're head? You always have this thought that someone is targeting you." He says getting louder. He's so close, I can't resist. I shove my lips onto his. He moves his hands to either sides of the wall. I understand it's a risk but I can't be without him. I wrap my arms around the back of his neck. He slides his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues have a war. I slightly push him off.

"If you don't want me to get sick, making out with me isn't the best idea." He blushes.

"You started it. Look, I'm sorry for yelling but I hate the thought of my life without you. I love you so much. You're my everything." I smile.

"I love you too Ross. I'm sorry for freaking out. You're the best thing in my life and I hate being away from you." He kisses my forehead. "We're good now?" I nod. "Were good."