Chapter 5. Oh my gosh!

"Were leaving." He says. "What? I thought your parents let you out." I reply. "Nope. I snuck threw my window. I can't live without you. My heart beats for you. You're the reason I wake up everyday. Without you, is no me. I can't imagine my life before meeting you. I don't even know how I managed myself without you with me. I love you so much."

He kisses my lips in the most gentle way possible. "I love you too teddy bear." I say. "Teddy bear?" I giggle. "It's my new nickname for you." He furrows his eyebrows.

"Why?" I hug him. "You're cuddly. You're my teddy bear." He kisses the top of my head.

"You're so cute." I blush. "Um.. So were leaving?" He nods. "I thought our families would be more supportive. Especially Riker." I nod and look down.

"Lets not make it public yet." I say.

"We won't but the fans will eventually find out." I frown. "Hey, don't let it bug you." He says. "I don't." I lie. "Yes you do. I hear you cry at night." He tells me. "Oh" is all I say before heading to the closet to pack some clothes.

"Talk to me." He says. "How long will we be gone?" I ask changing the subject. "Babe-" "Stop! I don't want to talk about it." I snap. Tears start running down my face. "Don't cry." He says. "Ross you aren't helping. You say don't cry but it doesn't make me feel any better." I admit. "Okay well what am I supposed to do?" I wipe my tears. "Nothing. It doesn't exist. I'm not upset. I'm happy." I say with a fake smile.

Ross's POV:

I know exactly what she's doing and it isn't the first time she's done it. She'll get so upset that she'll be in denial. It never works. She does it until she cracks and I've learned to just let it go her way until she comes to me. I hate it. I want to be there for her. I do not like the fact that she gets this sad that she can't even talk to me. It breaks my heart. I've decided to take her to New York. She doesn't know but she'll find out once we get to the airport. I have a big surprise for her which I hope she'll love.

"Baby, are you done?" I ask. "Uh, yeah." She nods and grabs her bag. I try to take it from her.

"I can carry a bag." She snaps. "Sorry. I was just-" "No! You don't need to do anything for me. I am capable of doing things for myself."

She gets annoyed when she's in her state of denial and it actually does hurt but I try to ignore it. On top of that, she's pregnant so I'm guessing her hormones would be all over the place.

"Ok. Put your things in the car and we can go." She walks past me, bumping my arm and going to the car. I grab my stuff and go to the car. We start driving in silence.

"I'm hungry." She whines. "Can you wait?" I ask afraid of her answer. "If I could wait, I wouldn't ask so go get us food." I sigh heavily. I know she's my girlfriend and I love her to death but she scares me. We make a quick stop to in and out and head to the airport.

"Why are we here?" She asks. "I ignore her. If I tell her anything, it'll ruin the surprise.

McKenna's POV:

I keep asking why were here and he won't tell me. It's making me mad. Just say anything. He goes and checks us in for wherever were going and we head to the gate. He then stops.

"Babe, listen. Don't talk. Just listen." He says. "And if-" He put his finger on my lips. "Shh... Don't say anything. Just focus on me. Hit it." Then music starts playing. He is not doing this. He wouldn't do that? Not in a crowded airport. Then he starts singing.

There you are standing with all your friends
So I wait till you're alone again and the minutes feel like eternity
All these words buried inside my heart
Every step feels like the hardest part, but the last 6 feet are gonna kill me

So just take this chance
I've got it all planned

I'll pick you up at 8 and we can drive around
Take you to the beach and we can head downtown while you hold my hand
We'll park it, lay down on the hood of my car
Listen to the airplanes as we count the stars, tonight I'll be your man
And tomorrow we can do it again and tomorrow we can do it again

If I could give you the world tonight
Then I would, I'd still give you all my time
And I'd be rich cause love is everything

So just take this chance
I've got it all planned

I'll pick you up at 8 and we can drive around
Take you to the beach and we can head downtown while you hold my hand
We'll park it, lay down on the hood of my car
Listen to the airplanes as we count the stars, tonight I'll be your man
And tomorrow we can do it again

Let's take this moment, it's ours so own it
So come with me, don't let it go to waste
No you don't wanna m-miss out on us
I'm telling you regrets don't fade away

I'll pick you up at 8 and we can drive around
Take you to the beach and we can head downtown while you hold my hand
We'll park it, lay down on the hood of my car
Listen to the airplanes as we count the stars, tonight I'll be your man
And tomorrow we can do it again

I'll pick you up at 8 and we can drive around
Take you to the beach and we can head downtown
We'll park it, lay down on the hood of my car
Listen to the airplanes as we count the stars, tonight I'll be your man
And give you all I can and tomorrow we can do it again

My mouth is covered and people are watching with their phones. Tears are running down my face. He walks up to me.

"McKenna, you drive me insane and sometimes you do make me want to pull out my hair but I love you so much. You are so strong and brave. When we met, I just knew you were going to be the most important person in the world to me. You are beautiful and smart and the most amazing girl in the world. I've told you before and I'll tell you now that my heart beats for you." He got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box. Oh my god. Is this really happening? "Baby, will you make me the luckiest man in the world and become my wife?"