Chapter 4. The truth.

He knocks and I wait impatiently as my hands start sweating and my heart begins to race. "McKenna, calm down." He says. Rydel answers. "OHMYGOD!" She screams. I cover my ears.

"You too look so cute in your matching outfits!" I blush and look down.

"Hey Rydel?" She looks at Ross. "Let us in." She smiles. "Of course. You're parents are here already McKenna." I nod and feel the urge to throw up.

"Let's go to my room." Rydel grabs my hand and drags me to her room.

"Okay, so... fill me in." I shrug. "Not much has happened. Just the same usual things with us." I lie. "That's not true." I panic. Does she know? How did she find out? "You got promoted to assistant manager. Congrats." I sigh of relief then smile. "Oh. Yeah, thanks."

Then we hear it's time for dinner. Rydel goes first. "Hey." I jump a bit. "God Ross! Don't do that." He chuckles softly and kisses my cheek. "We'll tell them after we eat." I nod nervously. We go down to the kitchen and everyone stares at us. I feel my face heat up. "I guess we're an art exhibit." Ross says and stormie laughs. "No, you two look adorable. Was it planned?" We shake our heads. "For the record, I got dressed first." Ross leaned down. "I saw." He whispered only for me to hear. I lightly elbow him so it hurts a bit but no one saw. "Let's eat." Stormie made her famous four cheese lasagne for a main course meal and there was salad and shrimp as a side. "Alright so how's everyone been?" Mark asks. A series of "good" and "fine" was mumbled.

"Ross how's the show going? Any new opportunities?" He nods.

"Yeah, we're on our 4th season and I've been offered a few movies and other acting stuff." He says.

"Very nice. What about you honey? You don't really tell us what's been going on." My mom says.

"Uh.. I got promoted at work to assistant manager." I tell her.

"Oh my gosh really?! That's amazing. You know, it took me 10 years to get where you are." She adds.

"Well you're daughter is very loveable so I don't see how she wouldn't have gotten the job." I smile. We continue chatting amongst each other and it looks like everyone is almost finished. "Ross?" I whisper. "Is it time?" I nod.

"Excuse me everyone?" He says. "Okay so as you know, I asked if we could have a special dinner with us all together for old times sake but I lied."
He starts. I'm getting really nervous.

"Alright so McKenna and I live together and we love each other a lot as you've seen." They nod and smile.

"Well we're young adults and we make decisions and sometimes we don't mean for them to happen but we're very mature about it."

Riker coughs sorta getting at what he's saying. He grabs onto my hand.

"Okay well, we aren't.... what I'm saying is that..... um, she's.... pregnant."

That's where I died. It was completely silent. "Saying something would be nice...." Ross mumbles.

"Ross. How could you be so careless?! Both of you. YOU'RE 19 YEARS OLD!!" Riker yells.

All hell breaks loose and there is screaming and yelling. Both parents aren't happy. The siblings aren't happy. This was a bad idea. "STOP TRYING TO BE THE INNOCENT ONE RIKER!" He shouts.

"YOU ARE NOT TO SEE MY DAUGHTER AGAIN!" My dad yells. "YOU ARE GROUNDED!" My mom and stormie yell at both of us

"You two are way too young to be having sex. And you are too young to have kids."

I roll my eyes as my mom goes on about how I'm a burden and I don't know what love is.

"It's not like it's the first time we've done it. We use protection." Ross screams. "Oh really?! Is that why she's pregnant?" Riker adds his two cents. "SHUT UP RIKER! You're the one with a baby already!"

And it's back to silence. "Riker you have a kid?!" Rydel shouts. "This isn't about me! You can deal with you're son. Don't come to me for anything. I'm out." He leaves back to his house I'm guessing. I've already broke down in tears.

"You two need to leave this house right now. I don't even want to call you my daughter." I gasp. "Okay that's a little unfair. They didn't mean it." Stormie says. "No I agree. Not one but two of my sons are stupid enough to think this is okay. At least Riker is an adult and can handle things. You on the other hand think it's ok to start a family with this slut." Ouch.

Ross steps up. "Hey. This is my girlfriend you're talking about. She is my future wife and I love her and you are being unfair." He yells. "Get out of this house. You are not to see my son ever again. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!" I nod and turn away. "McKenna.." Ross yells.

I turn my head and see him being hauled up to his room. I go outside and walk home. I go into the bathroom and cry for about 2 hours. I look in the mirror and shudder at the thing I see. Myself. At least Ross is with someone. My parents disowned me. I'm an only child. I have no one. I wash my face and change for bed. I cuddle with my blanket and attempt to fall asleep.

Then I hear a loud bang. I sit up fast. I hear footsteps getting louder. My breathings gets heavy. Then the door bursts open and I gasp. "Ross?!" I jump up and hug him. "I am so sorry baby girl. I am so so sorry." He says. I cry into his shoulder. "Were leaving."