CHAPTER 22: Y/N

"She's Margot's girlfriend. The one I was with at my parents event." He continued on and I hated that it relieved some of the pain.

I nodded with a hum and he sighed. "She transferred and Margot asked if I could show her around until she gets here next month."

"Okay."

"You thought I gave up, didn't you?" He asked bluntly and it took everything in me not to flinch. "I don't blame you."

I sighed. "What did you want to talk about, Mikage?"

From the corner of my eye I saw him wince and his head bow, he stayed in that position for a few seconds before he nodded.

"I just wanted to tell you that I haven't changed my mind, I haven't given up. On earning your forgiveness. Or trying to win you back." He cleared his voice and I could feel his gaze on the side of my face; probably willing me to look at him.

"Just-" He sighed. "I know it's a lot to ask for but.. don't give up on me." He ended his sentence softly and continued in the same tone. "I wish I was one of those men who knew what he had but I wasn't. I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't truly know what it meant to be with you and have you in my life until you were no longer in it. So please.. please don't give up on me. I will earn your forgiveness, no matter what it takes."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Don't make promises." I said softly and finally turned to him. "I really do understand why you did what you did. I also know that I didn't indulge information about my life but maybe that's why we didn't-"

"Don't." He interrupted and shook his head. "Don't try to give yourself a reason as to why he wouldn't work."

"What else am I suppose to do?" I asked exasperated.

"Give me one more chance when you're ready. Whether it's one more chance at forgiveness, friends or us." His eyes pleaded with me. "When you're ready, I will gladly take anything you give me."

"And if I want nothing to do with you?" I raised a brow.

He gave me a small smile. "We're inevitable, baby. I know you don't believe it now but we were always meant to be together."

I scoffed and he tilted his head. "I've never had a girlfriend, y/n. Not one. There's a reason why we were friends first, also another reason we're inevitable, I don't do friends with girls either." His eyes widened and he let out a nervous chuckle before clearing his throat. "That sounds bad but it's true.. From the moment I met you, I knew you were meant to be in my life."

He scoffed closer and held my hand. "My parents warped my view on love, on relationships, marriage even kids but.. the moment I met you? It was the first time I questioned everything about the way I was living my life."

He rubbed a thumb over my knuckles. "I'll continue to make mistakes, im sure i'll piss you off forever but I never want to go back to the way I was living before you. Even if you only want to be friends, i'll be okay with that, eventually.. I just-" His voice cracked and he cleared his throat.

"You will be the only woman my hearts belongs to. I gave it to you the first time we kissed and I don't want it back." He leaned forward and pressed his lips to my forehead, giving me a kiss.

He separated slightly, letting me feel every word he branded on my skin. "Don't give up on me, baby."

He stood still holding my hand, he gave me a kiss on my knuckles and smiled softly at me. When he turned to leave, I panicked.

"Reo?"

He stopped maybe 5 feet from me and my breathing picked up, I walked up to him when he turned to face me again and gripped his shirt. I pulled him towards me, the last thing I saw before my lips connected with his was his wide eyes.

If you had asked me why I kissed him, I couldn't tell you. All I knew was that I never had someone twist me up like he had. Maybe I wanted to see if the amount of love I had for him was the same.

Maybe I wanted to see if things changed for me, if maybe I was holding on to something that was no longer there and this kiss would prove that.

For a few tense seconds he didn't move, his body was stiff; almost like he was afraid to move. When I showed no signs of stopping he wrapped an arm around my waist and with the other, held my jaw. When he deepened the kiss I let go, of the hate, the pain, the heartbreak, I welcomed the small break of nothingness.

He pulled back and I kept my eyes closed, afraid of what i'd see. He gave me a brief peck before speaking. "Nothing has changed." He said, almost like he could hear my thoughts.

"I know that's why you kissed me, it was written all over your face, baby. You were hoping you'd feel nothing, hoping things have changed." He shook his head and gave me another peck.

"But nothing has changed. Our relationship, yes but my feelings? They haven't. Repeat the words when you start to doubt it." He whispered and to probably turn my brain to mush; he gave me another deep kiss.

"Don't give up on me, my love." He whispered before letting me go and walking away. When I opened my eyes I stared at his back until I could no longer see him.

I took a deep breath and scolded myself for doing something so reckless, I hater people who led people on and now I was one of them.

I groaned and made my way to my next class, thankfully it was math and I didn't have to face Reo.

I sat with a sigh next to Chigiri and rested my head on his shoulder.

"You good, babe?"

"I fucked up, Chi" I grumbled.

"What happened? Is it Reo?"

I whined when he said his name and he chuckled. "Oh, I cannot wait for this."

"I kissed him." I murmured and his laughing stopped before he shook so hard with silent laughter, I thought he'd die. "Why is that funny?!" I whisper shouted.

"Because-" He wheezed. "You both are so stubborn." He shook his head and calmed down, I raised a brow. "He's hell bent on earning your forgiveness but you already forgiven him."

I scoffed and he smirked. "You come from that life so you understand him. You also understand that you come from a fortunate family who loves and cares about you, Reo never got that. You forgave him the night of the event and you know it."

"I regret telling you everything." I huffed and he continued to smirk.

"Tell me i'm wrong, y/n."

"I don't have to tell you shit." I gritted and his head tilted while he continued to stare. "Fine! No, you're not wrong." I sighed. "I do understand where he was coming from, I just don't understand why he didn't talk to me about it.. ask about it."

His brows furrowed. "I'm sorry, how exactly is he suppose to ask about it? Hey babe, my mom ran your folder and it says your family is full of crackheads, convicts and never ending debt. Are you after my money?" He raised a brow and I groaned.

"Okay, I get it's hard to ask but he still didn't bring it up. If he asked about my family, I would have told him."

"Would you have? I know you told him off because he made comments but if he had asked you calmly in that moment, would you have still told him off?"

"Of course not."

"You're sure."

I groaned and dropped my forehead on the desk. "I don't know Chi but the trust is broken and it's on both sides. We both kept things from one another, how do you come back from that?"

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." He petted my head and I sighed at the gesture.

"I hate you." I grumbled and he winked.

"You love me. You just can't stand not being right."