CHAPTER 25: Y/N

"Hey.." I whispered when Reign opened his eyes. My eyes teared up and he furrowed his brows.

"Don't cry, you're an ugly cry." He rasped and I let out a half sob, half laugh before bringing the cup towards his mouth to drink.

"Where are we?" He asked and I sighed.

"The island we apparently own." I grumbled and he huffed out a laugh.

"Just how much money does Mom and Dad have?"

"Too much for us to comprehend. How you feeling?" I asked softly.

"Like Death let me make out but wouldn't let me hit." He smirked and I glared at him, the universe had to shoot the one brother with a sense of humor. "You look like shit, sis."

"Fuck you. Of course I look like shit, you were shot." I whispered shouted and he smirked.

"And yet I don't believe all of that is for me." My glare didn't phase him and he continued. "Come on, tell me."

"We've been here for a week, Reign.." I sighed. "I can't even have my phone, can't tell anyone that i'm okay."

"Anyone? Or Reo?" He teased.

"I'll kill you myself." I grunted, he huffed out another laugh but stopped with a wince and shook his head slowly.

"Sorry I had gotten shot and ruined your reunion."

I shook my head. "I'm just glad you're okay."

He gave me a smile. "Me too. So run through everything, what did I miss?"

I told him about how I have a stalker and that whoever was after our family had an infatuation with us and not our parents.

"That's odd though, why target us and not them? Also why a death threat? If they wanted money, kidnapping is the way to go." He mused and I glared at him again, yeah he wasn't wrong but he's so nonchalant about it all it's irritating.

"I don't know." I sighed. "Ax has his best guys working on it and hired a bunch more. They're trying to track where the threats came from."

He had his thinking face on and I narrowed my eyes; out of all my brothers he was definitely the most goofiest but Reign's IQ was through the roof.

"What are you thinking of? You have that look." I questioned and he turned to look at me, for once he had a serious face and I swallowed hard.

"Reign?"

"How did they know we were their kids?" He asked and I furrowed my brows.

"What do you mean?"

"They always shielded us from the media and we changed our names. As far as the public knows, the Kana's have four kids but they don't know anything about us. So how do they know we're their kids."

"We host events, fundraisers where we're introduced as their kids." I responded and he shook his head.

"Again, we changed our last names. Even if they searched for us, Reign and Y/N Kana do not exist. Plus, the rich and famous don't need to send threats, they have money of their own. Also, dad isn't the type to not help a friend in need."

"But-"

"Who would have it out for you." He asked point blank and I paused, there was only one who had it out for me. I shook my head, refusing to believe that might be an option.

"No."

"Think about it, it makes sense."

I shook my head again. "No it doesn't, why send threats to you, Jax and Rhys?"

"So it's not obvious." He responded and I opened my mouth to respond when Ax interrupted me.

"He's not wrong."

We swung our gaze to him and my eyes widened when I saw the grim look. "Ax?"

"We also came to that conclusion, we're just trying to find proof but all signs are pointing to yes."

"Cunt's ballsy." Reign growled and I started hysterically laughing.

"No. No. That's crazy. That kind of shit doesn't happen in real life." I said adamantly and Ax sighed.

"It's not confirmed and we're pursuing other paths just let us work before you both try to do something stupid." He gave us a pointed look before leaving the room.

"Y/N?"

"It can't be that." I uttered in disbelief and shaking my head. "It's not Reo." I said seriously to Reign and he gave me a smile.

"I know it isn't. I wasn't thinking it was him." He said softly.

"But.. Why would his parents do that?"

"Because they're in deep shit." Dad said while walking into the room and I swung my gaze to him. He gave me a sheepish smile and brought a chair to sit across from me. "How are you feeling?" He asked my brother and he shrugged.

"Fine but continue what you were saying."

Dad sighed. "I found it curious that his father was so adamant that we become partners and that it was our best interests to merge our companies. So I had Axel look into it, let's just say the portfolio he gave me wasn't true." He shook his head. "They're drowning, the Mikage Corp isn't what is used to be, what the public doesn't know if that his father has been in and out of court for years, paying off settlements so they don't become public."

"What kind of settlements?" I asked and he grimaced.

"Nothing good. The man is disgusting majority of it was sexual harassment." He growled out. "Between that and gossip, the company took a dive and he needs someone to dig him out."

Reign scoffed. "So all the bullshit about y/n being after his money was a lie."

Dad nodded. "That's not all, Axel found out that Reo has a substantial trust that was given to him by his grandparents, one that rivals the profits from the company on a good year."

My eyes widened and Dad laughed. "I guess the parents also knew their son was a piece of garbage."

"Why not just use that?" Reign asked.

Dad smirked and my brows furrowed. "His parents can never touch it, the grandparents made sure of it. They also added a clause, if Reo were to get married then his wife would have equal shares and access to the whole thing."

"Ahh. That's why his mom was so pushy about women and dates. She wanted him to marry a woman she had pull with." Reign mused and Dad nodded.

"They fucked up though because all they showed him was a horrible marriage. Reo had no desire to get married or have a relationship."

"Until my darling little sister." Reign smirked and I say their wide eyed. "The one woman his mother couldn't sway or manipulate."

"And the one woman Reo cut her off for." Dad finished.

"Wh- No." I let out a nervous laugh. "No one is crazy enough for this!"

"Money is dangerous, especially in the case of it being taken away." Dad said and I let out a choppy breath.

"But a death threat?" I asked incredulously.

"Threats." Reign corrected and both Dad and I glared at him. He held up his hands. "Just saying." He mumbled.

"We're still looking at everything." Dad sighed. "Mom and I just agreed that we'd keep you all in the loop."

We nodded and before Dad stood, I asked: "How did you find out about his trust and the company?"

Dad smirked. "The same way you found out about his Mom. Axel is very good."

I gave him a frown. "And apparently a snitch."

Dad laughed. "You don't pay me as good as your Father." Axel said from the doorway and I rolled my eyes.

"Sir, we have new information." He stated seriously.