𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖘𝖑𝖚𝖌 𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

5 September 1942

Elena was getting ready for the first Slug Club meeting of the year. Enduring Slughorn's endless stories and unbearable comments would eventually be worth it. The man had connections with powerful people in the wizarding world, and she needed to use all the help she could get in order to escape the muggle world. She put the gift she had bought for Slughorn in her bag and left the dormitory.

She would join Orion at Slughorn's office, since she was already there, working on a wilting potion with the professor. Ever since they met, Orion had always been the one to experiment with the rules, while Elena followed them rigorously. Orion's potion making was an art. It wasn't replicable and it certainly could not be contained within the school's curriculum. For this exact reason she was a favourite of the professor and the only fourth year allowed in the Slug Club.

Before she could get out of the dungeons however, a hand pulled her back into a corner. Elena got out of their grip and saw their face in dim light. "What the fuck Abraxas!"

"Why did you open my letter?" He sounded very angry.

"I didn't open it." She wasn't lying. "Why is it such a big deal Rax?"

The boy sighed and closed his eyes. "Do you not realise how dangerous this is?"

Elena was genuinely confused. "Obviously you know something I don't. Care to enlighten me?"

"He'll come after you Elena, he will come to Hogwarts."

"What do you want me to do? Leave the school?" Elena couldn't understand what the boy was thinking, though, she could let herself in on more information. Her power had gotten stronger over the years of lessons with Dumbledore. She not only could control whose mind she wanted to read, she could also pick and choose information and memories.

"I do not want either of you to go near that girl," said Mrs. Malfoy. "I heard whispers at the Ministry, something happened in that orphanage that summer. I do not want you nor Orion to get hurt or worse, be at odds with the Ministry. Understood?"

"Get out of my mind!" Abraxas' voice echoed through the dungeons.

"What is she talking about?"

"I don't know! They're worried about Orion! Your parents were seen again and my father thinks-"

"What does that have to do with me? Don't act like you don't know me Abraxas! I will never let Orion get hurt." Elena wanted to get out of there, fast. "I need to go, I'm late."

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

"It is very remarkable what your classmate has achieved in her studies," Slughorn said, putting a cauldron on the table. The dinner portion of the evening was over, and Slughorn was praising Orion's potion. "If any of you would like to attempt it, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to give you the instructions."

"Thank you, professor," said Orion.

Everyone leaned over to take a look at the potion except Tom. He was still sitting, eyes locked on the cauldron. "What exactly does this potion do?"

Orion seemed surprised by his question, yet answered proudly. "It is called a Wilting Potion." She walked over to the stack of spiders and picked one up. "It won't kill any living thing, however it will decay its body." She dipped half of its body into the potion. "The part effected will still be functional, but will look dead." And it did. The spider's legs still moved, but the tissue was surely dead.