𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

31 October 1942

Elena woke up to her body being relentlessly shake by an overly excited Orion. She cried out for her to stop, but the girl only ceased this torture when Elena got up from her bed. "Orion, are you bloody insane? It is 7 in the morning and it's Saturday. Why did you wake me up so early?"

"Today is Halloween! We have to get ready for the party!"

"Oh, that explains why you're acting like a child. Will we go trick or treating too?"

"You're unbearable in the mornings!" she frowned, throwing a pillow at Elena. "I am never waking you up for anything important ever again."

"I mean we should be glad I was falling asleep in the first place." Elena was really grateful for the potion Dumbledore had given her, the difference in her appearance was visible even after a week.

"I know. Anyway, get ready and we will go to breakfast. Then I will show you the dress I picked for you."

"I told you, you didn't have to buy me one." Elena sighed, smiling.

"And I said I wanted to. Can't you be not stubborn for a day and do as I say? Please? Halloween is my favourite holiday. At least do that for me."

"Very well, you win. I will let you decide everything about tonight, except who I dance with. Understood?" Elena laughed seeing Orion roll her eyes.

"Oh, we all know who you're going to dance with all night."

After a quick breakfast they returned to the dormitory upon Orion's request. She excitedly rushed to the chest next to her bed, taking out a red box tied with a black ribbon. She handed it to Elena, waiting impatiently. She opened the box to reveal a black and green tulle gown. The beads that caught the light looked like stars reflecting on a lake's surface. Elena was speechless.

"Do you like it?" Orion asked excitedly.

"I love it," she put the dress down and hugged Orion, "Thank you."

Orion didn't know what to do, Elena was not a hugger. "Elena are you alright?"

"Yes," Elena pulled away, "Why?"

"Nothing." Orion tried to contain her surprise. "I will set you free now but exactly at half past four we're meeting here to get ready."

"Alright," Elena said, "Nott asked you out, right? Like properly?"

"Yes, he has." Orion's lips curled into a smirk, "So... Who are you going with?"

"Nobody, at the moment," Elena shrugged. "At least this year Abraxas is free to go with whoever he pleases."

"He asked out Lucy Greengrass!" Orion whisper shouted.

"You're kidding! He's wicked! He's only going to break her heart."

"Well, it's for her to find out and for us to watch." Orion couldn't contain her laughter.

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

Elena sat down at the library, taking out her Potions homework. Rin and her had planned to spend the day together studying, since classes were cancelled that day. Elena had made it to the library quite early however, two hours to be exact. She didn't mind being alone especially when she had this much homework. Her and Rin couldn't get much done studying together because the conversation would always drift elsewhere, and although it was enjoyable, it was unpractical. Two hours later, Rin put down his stuff across from her, a nervous smile on his face.