𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝔟𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔫 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

The cold, damp air of the chamber hit her and Elena heard her steps echo in the distance. As she approached the statue of Salazar Slytherin, her heart beat faster. She could hear shallow breaths coming from in front of the giant bust. Her steps splashed on the wet ground as she made her way to the guy desperately trying to stand up. He fell down losing his balance, covering his head with his hands until he felt the touch of the girl.

"You came!" said Rin, jolting his head up and holding onto her hands, standing up. Elena almost fell down trying to hold the weight of his body. His clothes were wet and his face was dirty.

"I did." She brushed the wet hair out of his face, looking at his bloodshot eyes. "What happened to you?"

He pulled her into a hug, squeezing her until she couldn't breathe. When he let go, his eyes glimmered with the same love she remembered were in his eyes. "You're here." He smiled, pulling Elena's face closer to him, locking their lips. Elena gave in, closing her eyes as a tear dripped down her cheek. He wasn't dead.

A wave of emotions hit her as she froze in place, the boy's hands wrapping around her waist pulling her even closer than before. She tried to break the kiss but he wouldn't let her. She felt his hand creep around her neck, grabbing it a little too tightly as she struggled to breathe. She opened her eyes in horror as she saw the cold eyes she was all too familiar with.

"Did you think you could save him?" Tom's eyes trailed down to her lips. "You let him kiss you after all of that?" He let the hand on her neck go and caressed her cheek. Elena tried to move away from his touch but his grip around her waist tightened. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "Do I have to betray you too?"

Elena opened her eyes to her dark room at the orphanage. The hot summer air made it hard to breathe and she gripped onto her pillow until she could calm down. It was really all just a nightmare. Tears fell down her cheek and she cried into her pillow trying to contain herself. Rin was dead and Tom wasn't here. She would face him tomorrow, for the first time in months. By all means, she wasn't ready.

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

1 September 1943

Elena walked into King's Cross Station, she wanted to run away from the boy next to him. She couldn't look him in the eyes and she couldn't speak to him. She knew she couldn't let him go, not yet... Not until she got the stone, but she couldn't find the courage to even say a word to him.

He hadn't said anything either during the journey to the station, but it was starting to become unsettling, this silence.

"Do you see them?" she asked him, Orion and Abraxas were nowhere to be found. Normally they would wait for them at the gate, but this time...

"Maybe they're on the train," said Tom.

Elena looked around, it was almost 10:45. She wanted to wait but she didn't want to miss the train either. "Let's go then."

"Aren't you going to wait for them?"

"No, they know the way." Going to Hogwarts was her priority. She would be safe there- well as safe as she could be under the circumstances. Tom shrugged and they started walking to platforms 9 and 10.

Going through the wall always made Elena feel better. It was fresh air, her escape from the mundane world. It was the gate to a whole new world she had found herself in when she was eleven, and she loved it despite everything. When she opened her eyes the red train was standing in front of her, she couldn't help but smile. Hundreds of people at the platform, waving at their children and crying. Elena sometimes wished she had something like that but it was no use dreaming of things that were impossible. The only real family she had was, well...