𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖈𝖍
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

12 March 1943

'Where do you think Rin has gone?'

Elena had spent the last month searching for an answer to this very question. She had stated from where she had last scene him, in the Forbidden Forest. She knew he hadn't returned to the castle, so maybe he had gone to stay with Kingsley and the others in Hogsmeade. Under weeks of contemplating she had now decided that her next stop was the underground tunnels Rin had taken her. She wasn't sure if she would find them there, but it was worth a shot.

Elena followed the path Rin had showed her and reached the darks corridors that lead to the tennis court. The room was now transformed into a sort of headquarters, with long tables stretching from one side of the map to the other with maps and newspapers laid on top of them. There were a few people running around, Elena looked for a face she could recognise.

"He's gone because of you!" A girl shouted from behind Elena, sending a spell her way. Elena dodged it smoothly and turned around to see who she had assumed was Clara. "What did you do to him?"

"Clara, stop it." It was Kingsley who grabbed the girl and calmed her down.

Elena was shocked, why did she assume that it was because of Elena? "Kingsley, can I talk to you? It's about... him." Kingsley nodded, taking Clara out of the room and returning to her side. Elena didn't even know what to say. "Rin didn't come here?"

"No," he sighed. "He was afraid before he returned to Hogwarts."

"You don't think I had anything to do with his disappearance, do you?"

"I don't know you, but he loved you. At least he said he did."

Elena didn't believe that. "He only said that to get close to me. He had orders from Grindelwald."

"Oh... You know..." Kingsley looked down. "Yes, he went to that orphanage to get close to you, but afterwards... His feelings were genuine."

"I don't believe that." Elena whispered to herself. "Do you know anywhere else he could have gone to?"

"No, it is either he ran away or they eliminated him."

"They?"

"Grindelwald."

Elena felt shivers run down her spine. It could very well have been that Grindelwald had taken care of him like he said he would. "I'm sorry for bothering you. I'll leave now."

"Be careful," he said as Elena was leaving. "There are things you do not know."

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

Abraxas' words kept replaying in her mind and Elena couldn't bring herself to let it go. She was sure Tom was somehow involved in his disappearance. Elena spent the whole day trying not to run into him, because if she did she would need to ask. Sadly, they had Divination together.

When Elena entered the classroom, everyone had already taken their places. Tom was waiting for her like always. He had made an effort to help her with her studies, and she was able to catch up fairly quickly thanks to him. She felt bad accusing him of harming Rin when Rin had caused so much pain for her. Still, as soon as she sat down she cast muffliato.

"Oh?" Tom said shocked, "Is everything alright?"

"No." Elena sighed. "I talked to Abraxas."

"Hasn't it been a minute since you did?" Tom was so calm, too calm.