𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖗𝖕𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖌𝖊
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

14 June 1943

"What do you mean they could close the school?" Elena as she paced back and forth at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. The library wasn't exactly the place to talk about murder so they had opted out for the forest. With classes cancelled this was the only place discreet enough to talk. "I don't have anywhere else to go!"

"Do you think I do? We are in the same boat! Calm down a little." Contrary to Elena, Tom wasn't panicking. "Apparently one death is enough for the school to close, that is unless they find the person responsible."

"We are the people responsible!"

"Stop shouting!" Tom shouted.

"I'm scared!"

Tom took a deep breath and rolled his eyes. "I am going to talk to Dippet. I know who is responsible."

"Apart from us?"

"There is no us. You and I witnessed this beast before once too. It attacked you and I saved you. We thought the beast was gone and we didn't have proof so we couldn't report it."

"You are evil! Are you just going to throw that boy into the fire?"

"Didn't we kill an innocent young girl just yesterday? The boy isn't innocent either, that beast would've killed you if I hadn't arrived in time." Tom was too calm. In response to Elena's silence he put a hand on her shoulder and tilted his head. "Don't trouble yourself with this. I will deal with it. If I were you I'd work on getting the cloak from Potter. The fact that Grindelwald hasn't done anything doesn't mean he won't and you need to be prepared for when you're away from Dumbledore."

He was absolutely right and Elena cursed herself for not thinking of it sooner. Grindelwald and his people had done enough to cause her trouble already, she at least needed some sort of leverage if she wanted to survive. "I'll go find Potter."

"Good call."

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

"Hey Charlus!" Elena called out after the boy, trying to catch up to him.

"Hey Elena." He waited for her. "Did you hear the news?"

"About the girl?"

"They caught what killed her."

That was quick. "I'm glad." She smiled. "Umm... I was wondering if I could borrow your cloak today."

"I mean sure... but why?"

"I have to go to the forbidden forest to get some plants for a potion I'm working on." Elena sighed, "I'd ask Slughorn for permission but all the teachers are in panic mode at the moment."

"Okay, come along. I was already on my way to the common room."

"You're the best."

When they got to the common room, Charlus went in and got back to her quickly, discreetly handing her the cloak. "I'll meet you at dinner to take it back."

Elena took the cloak. "I'm sorry for what I'm about to do." She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and entered Charlus' mind. Every memory of the cloak she could find, from his father giving it to him to them using it together to spy on Rin... She erased everything. Oh how much trouble he'd be in when he got back home... Elena whispered another sorry before she ran away.