𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖞 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

Elena climbed the stairs, ignoring the creepy old lady at the front desk. Maybe it was best for Tom to think she was fragile, to think she was hurt. He was careful around her and he made an effort for her to trust him. It was unlike him, yes, but maybe it was for the better.

Tom slowly opened the door and as they entered the room, the damp smell hit Elena once again. She never thought she would ever say this but she would take the orphanage over this place any day. It was almost midnight and she wanted to go to sleep so badly.

She walked over to the bed as Tom closed the door behind them. When she lifted the covers a scream nearly escaped her mouth. "Rats! Tom there are rats on the freaking bed!"

Tom looked at her amused.

"What are you laughing at? Look at this! We might as well sleep in the streets!"

"Elena calm down. There is nothing we can do about it right now." Tom said calmly.

"Where are we supposed to sleep then?"

"The chairs of course." Tom said with a smug look on his face, he walked to his chair and put his bag down on the floor.

"You can't be serious."

"The floor is always an option."

"You enjoy my suffering, don't you Riddle?" She sighed and put her bag on the floor. She sat on the chair, pulling her legs up to her chest and using one arm to support her head she tried to go to sleep. When that didn't work she changed her position several times, each time the wooden chair squeaking.

She heard Tom get up and he took her arms into his hands, placing them around her legs and looking into her eyes. "Stay like this. Still and silent. I am trying to sleep too."

"Do you know what? I'll kill all the rats and sleep in the bed." she said pushing him off of her and standing up.

"And their waste? I don't want to have to pick them from your hair."

Elena frowned and sat back down taking out her book.

"What are you doing?" Tom asked.

"I won't be able to sleep. Might as well read," she spat out.

"You're being dramatic," he said as he closed his eyes.

"Paranoid and dramatic. I must be so hard to bear."

Tom didn't open his eyes but smiled. Elena sighed and went back to her book. Before she knew it, she fell asleep her head hanging down.

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

"Elena.... Elena... wake up," she heard a distant voice say.

"Hmm? Alright I'm awake." she mumbled.

"Your eyes are still closed." the voice insisted.

"My mind is awake." She opened her eyes yawning. "Oh my neck!" She tried to turn her head but it hurt too much.

"Alright stand up and wash your face. You need to wake up."

"I'm going to kill you if you say wake up again."

"And she's back. Come on," he said as he opened the door.

"You're unbearable." Elena said as she stood up, got her bag and walk out the room. She heard Tom mutter a sarcastic thank you on his way out.