𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔣 𝔰𝔢𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔰
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

"This... this is impossible," Elena said, turning her head from side to side in awe of the gigantic chamber. A pathway lined with snake statues that led to a bust of Salazar Slytherin, the size of a wall. The air inside the chamber, even the gravity seemed to have been altered, it was truly magical. While Elena was busy admiring the magnificent chamber, Tom had made his way to the statue. She ran after him, nearly slipping on the way. "Tom, isn't there supposed to be a monster here?"

"There is."

"I'm not talking about you."

"Funny. There is, that's what I heard upstairs. It's coming."

"Is it a snake?"

"Bigger."

"A- A basilisk? That's impossible."

"Close your eyes."

She did as he said. A loud hissing noise echoed in the chamber, she could imagine the giant snake crawling around them. Her heart started beating uncontrollably, the beast was getting closer and closer. Tom hissed in parseltongue, the basilisk stopped. It was there, right before her, but she couldn't open her eyes.

"Elena you can open your eyes."

Elena shook her head, closing her eyes with her hands. "Are you crazy? Do you want me dead?"

"If I wanted you dead you'd already be. Now quit acting like a child." He grabbed her hands, bringing them down. Elena opened her eyes, looking at the amused Tom. "I told her not to harm you. Ever."

Elena nodded, looking down at her feet. After taking a deep breath she slowly moved her gaze upwards. The snake looked beautiful, when she reached its face she found that its eyes were closed. She smiled lightly. "She's beautiful."

"You should see her eyes." They both laughed, he looked genuine. Tom Riddle acted genuine, no matter how unbelievable it may sound.

"You're the heir of Slytherin," Elena looked around the chamber and at the basilisk, it was unimaginably massive and magical. "Did you know?"

"No," Tom knit his brows, "But I'm sure the bloodline descended from my father's side, I am named after him after all."

Elena nodded, it only made sense. "What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to finish what Salazar started, what this chamber was intended for in the first place," Tom looked at Elena with a dark glimmer in his eyes, "The real question is what will you, the epitome of innocence, do to stop me?"

"There is only one of us here who doesn't have blood on their hands," Elena smiled, "I'm going to try to find a way out of here. Are you coming?"

"I'm going to stay here a little longer." As Elena walked away Tom watched her movements, she wasn't lying when she said she wasn't scared of him. She wasn't scared of the basilisk either. She surely was a curious case.

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

7 November 1942

Elena picked out a thick sweater and wore her scarf and gloves. Winter had started to howl its winds and she did not want to get sick. She couldn't erase the smile on her face at the thought of meeting Rin again, she hadn't had a chance to see him that week. She was also free of the nightmares that were tailing her, although the mystery of the last one still remained. She took a deep breath and rushed through the common room, reaching the dungeons where Rin was waiting for her.