𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖗𝖎𝖓 
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

25 September 1942

Elena found herself once again in the cave, the same three silhouettes in front of her. She knew all too well what was about to happen, yet she stood there helplessly, bound to relive her worst nightmare.

"Dennis come here. I want to show you something," The boy lit up a fire in the middle of the cave, without using anything.

"What are you some kind of freak? How- How did you do that?" Dennis screamed.

"There is no need to fuss about it Dennis. I was just providing us with some light."

"Why would we need light? The sun hasn't set yet," said Elena.

"When we're done here it won't be daytime anymore," said the boy. Elena wanted to run for the exit but it was blocked by the boy who now turned his attention to Amy. "What a nice scarf you have, so conveniently placed around your neck for me to do this."

With a flick of his wrist he made Amy's scarf strangle her. A few seconds later Amy was on her knees begging the boy to stop while trying to breathe. It didn't take long for her to pass out. Dennis got up and ran towards the boy, pinning him to the wall. "You... You are a monster! You deserve to die!

"Dennis calm down. She's not dead," Elena said after checking for Amy's pulse. Dennis was surely trying to get himself killed.

"I'd listen to Elena. We wouldn't want anything terrible happening to one of you, now would we?

Elena woke up trying to catch her breath. This time she wasn't crying, she felt wrecked. Absolutely drained of energy. She looked around, everyone was still asleep and the time read 3:15. She didn't want to risk going back asleep, she did not want to relive what followed that day in the cave. After so many years of trying to bury this memory, why now? Why was it coming to the surface every other night, each time getting closer to the part she feared the most?

She tried to lay down, but she could feel her eyelids get heavier and she was scared she'd fall asleep. She got up and went to the common room in the hopes of distracting herself from the nightmare that wouldn't let her go. The common room was empty except for a few people studying and Abraxas, who sat by himself, his head in his hands looking at the piece of paper in front of him.

"Trouble sleeping?" Elena asked as she sat down next to him.

Abraxas moved to hide the paper but then changed his mind, explaining to Elena, "It's my parents. Apparently your mother is trying to reach out to them, and to you."

"Why does it matter?" Elena shrugged, she couldn't care less about a mother she never knew.

"She is putting all of us in danger." Abraxas sighed, "We don't know what Grindelwald is capable of nor how he would react to one of his most loyal followers turning on him."

"We can't do anything about it right now," Elena tried to comfort him. "I understand you're worried about Orion... Let's make a deal. Whatever happens that may endanger her we will tell each other. That way we can have all the information we need."

"I'm not worried about Orion. She will be safe as long as she doesn't know anything." said Abraxas. "I'm worried about you. Do you think I don't see how you've been suffering for the past few weeks? You come into the common room almost every night around this time."

"You don't have to worry about me," said Elena. She couldn't tell him what really was happening, but it was nice to know people cared about what happened to her.