𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖑𝖆𝖉𝖞
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

On the way back to the hotel and up into the room neither said a word. Elena hadn't even paid attention to the creepy woman at the front desk. She just wanted to give up but now that she knew who she really was giving up wasn't an option. She needed to embrace it, or else she wouldn't make it out alive. Tom had decided to take a shower, giving her enough time to think on her own. Elena looked at the ring he had left on the table. A few hours ago she thought getting that stone would've solved all her problems, now she knew... this was only the beginning.

When Tom got out of the shower Elena tried to use it as an excuse to leave the room, but he quickly blocked the door, leaning on it. "What's up with you?"

"I'm just tired and your hair is wet." Elena was glad he was at least fully dressed.

"That is the stupidest explanation I have ever heard."

"Do you want to know what's been bothering me Tom?" Elena's heart was beating so fast she thought she would faint. "Him! You! He told me to be careful about you! He told me you were dangerous."

"I thought you knew that Elena." A smug grin appeared on his face as he towered over the girl, water from his hair dripping on her forehead. "I never lied to you, and I've never done anything without telling you. I am trying to gain your trust-"

"Did you kill him?"

"Who?"

"Rin." Elena felt her eyes burn. "Grindelwald told me you did."

"Well, that's because I did." He was so nonchalant in the way he spoke that Elena could feel the air get colder.

She was trying so hard not to cry. "Why? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Elena..." He shook his head, "I didn't just kill him," he said. Elena watched as any warmth in his eyes disappeared. "I kept him in the chamber for two months all by himself, until he talked. Until he broke down. He thought you'd come looking for him, how naïve... He deserved what happened to him after what he did to you." He put his hand on her cheek, wiping away her tears. "I lied to you because you needed to let him go. Don't tell me you feel sorry for him now."

"I don't." Elena shivered at his touch.

"Are you scared of me?"

"No..." Elena held her breath, "I'll tell you how to make a horcrux."

"Why? Because you finally trust me or because you want to have nothing to do with me anymore?"

"I haven't decided yet."

"Then I will wait until you decide." He walked past her as if nothing had happened and went to get his bag. "We can leave. There is nothing left here for us to do."

Elena gathered her stuff too, in silence they descended the stairs. Elena was sure there was something off about this hotel. It wasn't the building necessarily but the atmosphere. It looked like a murder scene and no matter what Tom told her, Elena couldn't shake that feeling off.

"Elena, come on. It's just an old lady inside." Tom had apparently decided to act like their conversation had never happened. "There is nothing to be afraid of."

"An old lady and no one else, doesn't that seem weird to you?" Elena decided to investigate, it was the best way to take her mind off of everything.

"Well maybe she just doesn't get many visitors, you saw the rooms, who would want to stay here?"