𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

29 June 1943

Elena spent the next week avoiding Tom but she knew sooner or later she would have to confront him. Even though what he saw wasn't true anymore it was still a very big part of what made her, well her. She had helped him do the things she was once afraid of him doing. She had no right to be scared of him. Elena had decided finally to talk to him that day. She had to maintain her relationship with him if she wanted to be able to figure out if he had the last hallow.

Tom, on the other hand, had decided to avoid thinking about what he saw and decided to focus on how he managed to see it. He had come to a satisfying conclusion but until Elena decided to speak to him he'd have to wait.

Elena found him where he always was, in the garden, reading. He looked up from his book as if he knew who was walking towards him. She sat down next to him.

"I know what you saw but that was then. I don't hate you anymore nor am I scared of you."

"I'd hope so, I wouldn't hurt you." Tom looked into the distance. "Now that you're talking to me, I can give you the good news."

"The good news?"

"I figured out why he's able to access your mind. You let your emotions take over, whether it be fear or anger. You leave an open door."

"So, you're telling me to not feel."

"I'm telling you to not let them affect you, don't act on them, don't listen to them, don't let them take over."

Elena looked at him blankly. "I wasn't scared or angry when I returned to the orphanage though."

"Weren't you? Isn't that why you left the cloak at the castle? Where it would be safe, where it would be close to Dumbledore? You were scared he could reach you here and that is exactly why he could."

"So all I have to do is not feel."

"Technically," said Tom... "One more thing. I need your help this time."

"I will tell you how to make a Horcrux."

"Not that kind of help. That information is safe with you and you should keep it to yourself until you fully trust me... or until you want nothing to do with me."

"What kind of help do you need?" Elena understood where Tom was coming from. He wanted her to feel reassured that the boy would not hurt her, and she was grateful for that.

"I need to find out more about my parents. I need to know where I came from, and see if I am the last of Salazar's descendants."

"Of course I'll help you." Elena tried to keep herself from smiling. She wouldn't have to go behind his back to find out about the hallow. He would help her unintentionally. She couldn't possibly tell him about the research Rin and her had done, but she could still guide him in the right direction. "I may know where to start too."

•❅────✧❅✦❅✧────❅•

13 July 1943

Elena took her eyes off of the white wall she had spent the last hour looking at. She was so eager to help Tom a week ago but when the time came to actually fulfilling that promise, she had found herself nervous... even scared. Maybe it was the thought of spending that much time alone with Tom that frightened her so much.

They had decided to try their luck with his father Tom Riddle Sr after discovering his mother's grave. Since she was dead and she had the surname Riddle, it was a dead-end. Elena couldn't tell him about the Gaunts just yet. Maybe that was what scared her, him finding out about the secrets she kept.