Chapter one:

Panting and sweating as sweat dripped down my forehead, I continued running at a steady pace. I could feel the muscles in my legs getting sore as I tried to pick up the pace a little. I had to push myself, I had to try harder. I had to be better...

"Working up a sweat huh sugar?"

I nearly tripped and fell off the treadmill when I heard that loud, cocky southern accent. God, did he just have to be everywhere I was? I hit a few buttons and the treadmill slowed down. I leaned against it for a moment, taking a gulp of air before furrowing my brow. "What do you want, Whiskey?"

Jack Daniels, also known as Agent Whiskey, stood in the training room door, a water bottle in his hand and that stupid cocky grin on his face. He was wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of shorts, flaunting his muscled thighs, strutting inside the training room like he owned the place. Dick.

"No need to bite my head off, I just wanted to come work out." He says smoothly, strutting over to his usual weight corner. I rolled my eyes as I took a quick swig from my water bottle. "Mhm. And it just so happens you come to work our while I'm in here." I mumble. He chuckles, the deep sound rumbling out of his throat. "Pure coincidence." He says as he begins lifting. I tap my chin. "Is it also a coincidence that whenever I'm getting coffee in the break room, your doing the exact same thing? Or how when I'm in my office, you feel the need to come in every two seconds to, 'check up on what I'm doing'?" I say, putting air quotes around the words.

He shrugs. "Yep. I think your thinking too hard into this." He says simple. I groan. "Your impossible."

He laughs heartily. "Im impossible? Sweetie, you got this all mixed up! Your the one who won't admit you've got a thing for me." I scoff. "A thing for you? God you wish! Your way ahead of yourself cowboy.." I say, making a face. He smirks. "Mhm.. Sure sugar, whatever you wanna believe.."

I roll my eyes and grab my things as I begin leaving the training room, Jack calls out. "Those leggings look great by the way!" I pinch the bridge of my nose and don't answer.

I change back into my Statesmen suit and go to Gingers office. She's got her legs up on the table, leaning against her chair as she stares at a screen of coding. "Hey Ginger." I sigh as I step into the room. "Hey. Shouldn't you be in your office?" Ginger asks, not turning away from her screen. I shrug as I pull up a seat next to her. "Champ won't care. You know I'm his favourite." I say with a sassy little smile. Ginger laughs. "No denying that. He treats you like a daughter." She says as she types away at her keyboard. "He's a nice old man, once you get past his grumpy side." I smile.

Me and Ginger spent some time chatting together, I eventually got her to get out her secret candy stash under her desk and we chowed down while gossiping with each other like teenage girls.

"Oh my god, so you'll never believe what happened the other day. I was going through Whiskeys search history and he was reading enemies to lovers fanfic." She snorts. I hold back a laugh. "Nooo.." I gasp. She shrugs. "Hey, I wouldn't be surprised if the man was writing his own about you and him. You know how he feels about you." I scrunch my nose at the thought as Ginger continues, putting a hand over her heart as she bats her eyes.

"(Y/n) puts her hand on Jacks chest, staring into his chocolate brown orbs... 'J-Jackie boo! This isn't like you!' She pleads as she-" I stop her, shaking my head. "Ew no no no no no! Stop, I'm gonna barf!" I beg. Ginger bursts out laughing. I shake my head and sigh at her immature jokes. Suddenly loud alarm blares, making us both jump. A warning flashes up on Gingers screen and she begins frantically typing away. "Oh no.. Oh no no no no.." She gasps. I try to peak over to see what's going on. "What? What is it?" I ask, worry in my tone. She stares at the screen as her eyes go wider then saucers. "The files, containing our intel! It's..."

"Gone!"