Chapter fifteen:

Jack leaves the room to find Eggsy and Harry, kissing me on the forehead and telling me to keep guard. I sit in the tacky vintage bedroom, staring at the silver coloured door sitting on the wall. Eventually the door creaks open and I swivel around to see who it is. I'm relieved when I realize that it's Just Jack, Harry, and Eggsy. Harry seems impressed when he sees the secret door. He walks into the room and shuts the door, walking forward.

"You found it. Good job." He says in his calm, professional tone. He steps forward towards the door and turns the handle. Surprisingly, it turns and the door creaks open. "The door was hidden behind the wallpaper. Guess there was no need for a lock." Harry says with a simple shrug. We all step into a dark hall and Eggsy pulls out his phone and turns on the flashlight. We all step down the hall and close the door behind us, the sound of our footsteps echoing through the empty room.

Eventually the empty hallway led us to another door, which again was surprisingly unlocked. The obnoxious headache inducing light of the fluorescent lightbulbs made me groan and rub my eyes. We stepped into the room and found it was filled with those silver shelves that offices usually used to store files, although upon further inspection, I found they where filled with plastic baggies filled with strange powders and substances which I assumed to be drugs, as well as a few weapons which where clearly illegal.

I watched as Jack tensed up upon noticing one of the bags that was in the silver coloured shelves. His face went all pale and one of his eyes twitched. I turned to him, looking concerned, I knew Jack had bad experience with drug users before, so clearly seeing the substances was bringing him through some sort of PTSD attack. I slammed the drawer shut quickly and placed a hand onto his back. "Cmon... Let's just go and find where these guys are storing this intel." I say. He nods and smiles wearily at me. 

Harry and Eggsy search through all the drawers. "Nothing but drugs and guns." Eggsy mutters as he shuts another drawer. "There's another door nearby. Maybe we'll find it in there." Harry suggests as he walks over to the door nearby and jiggles the doorknob, unlike the other doors however, this one didn't open. "It's locked. Of course." He groans before turning to the rest of us. "The key has to be in here somewhere. Start searching."

We all nod and start digging through the drawers. Jack looks like he's going to be sick every time he comes in contact with one of the plastic baggies filled with illegal substances. It makes me feel bad, watching him gulp down his trauma and push forward. I wished there was something I could do...

Finally, I felt something hard when I pushed one of the baggies to the side. I picked the bag up and squinted. Underneath all the powdery white substance, I could make out a little grey key. I smile. "I found key! It's in this bag!" I say as I hold it up. Harry smiles and nods. He grabs a face mask and some gloves, handing them to me. "Careful, you don't know what that powder could be." He says. I nod solemnly and put on the gloves and mask. Everyone backs up as I slowly open the ziplock bag and pour out the powder. I grab the key from the pile of white powder and dust it off. I slowly walk to the door and twist the key in the lock. To our relief it opens.

The door itself led to a long hallway. A long dark hallway at that. We all stared unsurely at each other. "You think it's safe?" Eggsy asked curiously, narrowing his eyes as he tried to see what was at the end of the dark hallway. I shrugged. "I'm sure we'll live. This passage seems relatively abandoned. I don't think anyone's been down here in years." I said, noticing a dusty light switch nearby, I flicked it a few times. Some sparks shot out but other then that there was nothing. The hallway remained dark.

"I'll go first." Jack muttered as he took a step into the dark hallway. I glared at him hesitantly before sighing and following him. Eggsy and Harry followed behind us. The dark hallway was incredibly eerie and I found myself tripping over my own feet trying to make it to the end. Jack clutched my hand for comfort and although I couldn't exactly make out his face, I could tell he was nervous. I squeezed his hand reassuringly, my thumb brushing over his knuckles softly in an attempt to sooth him. It seemed to work as I could hear Jack sigh.

It seemed like we where walking for hours and getting nowhere. By this point my legs and feet where sore and I just wanted to find out where the stupid hallway went. Finally Jack stopped. "I ran into a wall." He muttered. I took a few steps forwards and felt around. He was right, there was a cold brick wall in front of us. "Great, it's a dead end." I groaned, suddenly my fingers brushed over something. I gripped it. It seemed to be some sort of leaver.

"Hold on guys I feel something.." I muttered. "I think it's a leaver. It might lead to a secret entry or something." "Well, hurry up! Pull it!" Eggsy scolded. I groaned and rolled my eyes at his impatience before yanking the leaver. It was a little stiff but with a good tug I managed to pull it down. We all watched expectantly, waiting for the brick wall in front of us to pull back or for a door or a passage to be revealed. However nothing happened... The room was still.

"It didn't work." I sighed in defeat. Before anyone could speak a loud creaking echoed through the room. We all froze. "Wait, that might be it. Somethings opening." Eggsy whispered. We all waited patiently until something happened. Something unexpected..

The floor beneath us dropped.

(AN: SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG ON THIS CHAPTER!! I lost a lot of motivation for writing for a while but I'll try to update this fanfic more frequently now.😭)