Chapter seven:

The thunder begins to crash louder, causing me to flinch every time. After the third crash of thunder followed by the flash of lighting, Jack spoke up about my constant flinches.

"You ok darlin'?"

I sighed and mumbled under my breath. "I'm fine.." Another flash of lighting crashes down and I feel my breath get caught in my throat. I hear a low chuckle emit itself from Jack's throat.

"You don't seem fine Darlin'.. You keep flinching." I roll my eyes. "I'm fine, really." Another rumble of thunder is heard and I screw my eyes shut. I feel the weight of the mattress shift as Jack moves closer. "C'mere.." I try to scoot further away before I realize I'm at the edge of the bed. "Piss off.." I groan.

Jack sighs. "(Y/n)... Come here.." I don't respond. "You know you can drop the act, right? It's just us.." I keep my back turned to him as another flash of lighting lights up the room. "What act?"

He chuckles again. "This little act of you pretending to hate me. I know you don't really hate me, your just confused and afraid about how you really feel.."

Damn.. Maybe he was right...

Of course he wasn't, what was I thinking?

"I don't know what your talking about." I say quietly. He moves a lot closer, now practically pushes against my backside. I can almost feel his hot breath on the back of his neck.. It makes my hairs stand on end. He begins slowly running his hand up and down my arm, which was soothing and alluring all in one. Damn this man and his charming antics!!

I try and elbow him in the rib, but I'm physically unable to move. I feel so... Soothed? I feel my limbs going limp and my brain going blank as his hand made its way up and down my arm, hushing me as he did so.

"Easy girl..." He whispers. "Come, cuddle up next to me. I'll keep ya safe from the storm." He moves closer and whispers in my ear. "And, I won't tell anyone this happened..."

I grumble, my eyes shut as allow him to spoon me in his arms, his body curled into my back and his face nuzzled in my hair. I just sighed as we both stayed silent, allowing him to cuddle me close to him. Eventually I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

The next morning I feel the sun creeping onto my skin. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to move. It felt like I was being held down by something. I turned my head and saw Jacks's arms wrapped tight around me as it dawns on me that I had allowed him to cuddle with me. I immediately shove him off.

"GET OFF CREEP!" Jack hits the ground with a thud, waking him up. Oops... I didn't mean to shove him that hard... He rubs his head with a groan. "Ow..." He whispers softly. I just roll my eyes before he speaks up again, his tone is hurt and upset. "Ah.. Oh god.. It hurts.." He whines, still holding his head. My eyes widen a little when I hear him whine softly. I hop off the bed and kneel beside him.

"Oh god are you ok? I didn't mean to shove you that hard I swear! Did you hit your head?" I ask, not bothering to hide the worry in my tone. He speaks up with a hoarse voice. "I- I..." His face twists into a smirk. "Got you~!"

My face drops as I realize I had been fooled. I should have known. I stand up and stomp my foot. "God your insufferable!" I shout. Jack stands up with a sly smirk. When he speaks I notice his tone is a lot deeper and his accent is thicker. Morning voice...

"Good morning to you too sweet cheeks." He says sarcastically. I mock him behind his back.

Jack makes a pot of coffee and pours a mug for me and himself. I mumble a thank you as I sit down on the couch and turn on the tv. We started the first task of our mission today, and I was practically bursting with anticipation. Hopefully this one would go well..

"So.." Jack speaks up as if he read my mind..

"What are you wearing to this party?"