•Matt•

As i stir around in my bed i wake up to hear the blaring sound of my alarm by my head. I didn't want to go to school, i never did, i hated school so much. Thank god it was my senior year and i can get out of this hell hole. My head starts to feel like it was spinning almost as if it was in a trance, shutting off my alarm i am welcomed by the sun as a beam of sunlight hit the end of my bed creating a faint rainbow from the reflection of a a a a my butterfly stained glass just by the plants. "UGHH" i say as a want to drown in my blankets and go back to sleep but just as i cuddle into my blankets, my thoughts are interrupted. "Wake up, i'm serious you skipped 2 days already and it's Thursday. Get up!" Mom said to me as i sluggishly get up and pick out an outfit, do soft makeup just to make myself feel better as i don't want to ruin my day anymore than i already have to by going to school. I go towards the kitchen pour a bowl of cereal and start eating, i mindlessly scroll on tiktok. Should i just say i went to school, instead go to the park and meet up with Jay. He usually skips anywa- "Y/N YOUR GOING TO BE LATE, GO!" mom making me look at the time as i fallout of my thoughtful gaze at nothing in particular, 6:58 is read on my phone screen. I take one more bite of my cereal and put the dirty dish in the sink, grab my bag and head to my car. I shove my bag to the passengers side of the vehicle, drag my hands slowly down my face repeatedly saying in my head, you got this it's one more day till Friday. Confidence took over as i start to drive to school, i hop out of my car and made sure it was locked as i started to head into the place i dread the most.
First period, Pottery.
I never really minded pottery, i just put in my headphones and listened to my favorite songs. Nobody really talked in that class keeping the tension peaceful. I feel a hand on my shoulder as it slowly slides to the other one in a swift motion. I looked to the side where i last felt the hand, it's  Jay. Jay was my friend ever since our moms got pregnant at the same time, being in the same spin class. They started to get closer and honestly i haven't had much space from him as he's always around me, my siblings, or my parent. Well except for school he was almost never there, "Jay, dude what are you doing here?" I say confused as to why he showed up today and not any other day. "Can i not come to school, i'm very smart you know." He said pointing to his head, "Oh really since when, because i remember you failed every exam you took im surprised your even in the same grade as me."  "Honestly, me too." He pulled up a chair, as i take one of my headphones off my ear as i can listen to him complaining and talking shit about everyone. "What is that?!" he says confused and looked at my price of clay that i was trying to mold into a snake for my upcoming project. "A snake, duh" "Oh really, i'm not gonna lie i thought it was a piece of shit." "Is it really that bad?" "Yeah." He reaches his had far away from the table and slams on the 'snake' smushing it into now what Jay said a piece of shit. "JAY SCOTT at least try a be more civil, it's every time your in this damn class. Look what you did to poor Y/n." "Miss im okay but may i use the bathroom pass." "Yes you may." "Behave" i whispered to Jay as i left the room to try and clean the wet clay from my face and clothes "No promises" he whisper back. With that i left the room and headed to the bathrooms, just as i turn a corner that is 2 halls away from the bathrooms i see. Matt Sturniolo. Matt always had this hatred for me and he always had to let me know, every time he saw me. "Awww it's my favorite person ever." He said sarcastically giving me a hug, "Get off of me" "What happened to you, you look better with this on your face." "Ha Ha so funny" I said as i walked of and towards the bathroom just before i can leave, he lifts his foot high enough to make me trip. Thankfully i saw it, "Really are we in third grade." i rolled my eyes finally heading to the bathrooms. I finished cleaning the clay off myself, walked around for a bit then headed back to class.
Next class i hate because he is in my class, yes, Matt. But the subject overall is not that bad, i didn't mind it because we just had to take notes and do some labs. After that class i got to go home as the rest of the days would have been a study hall. I walked up to my assigned seat which was thankfully far far away from Matt's seat. "Everybody we will be doing another lab today so make sure you take good notes for the final exam coming up, and no funny behavior i will be picking the partners this time." As long as i got anyone else in the class im fine, but if Matt was my partner i think i would cry myself to sleep.         "...Nova and Carl,  TJ and Veronica, Arianna and Ruby and lastly Matt and Y/n" Im gonna cry myself to sleep that is it, i hate this i would ask if i could change so i could be with my friends but Mrs. Collins doesn't like me so i didn't even bother asking.  "Good luck" says my two friends who got partnered up together. "Wait V can you ask the teacher if you can be Matt's partner, please." "I would but we both know that old hag hates me too. Sorry girl your gonna have to push this one through, I believe in you." She said as she side hugged me. Veronica was my other friend she was originally from California but moved to Boston because of her family, when we were friends for a while me, her and Jay would all hang out. Which now leads them to where they are, they are dating. Honestly they are the best couple though, she has a bad temper but Jay is more of a chill guy so they just immediately clicked.
I walked with V till we got to the labs "It's only like one hour, i think you will be okay." "Easy for you to say you have no one that hates you, surprisingly." "Wow" "Oh- no i just meant-" "Nah girl i'm just playing, but honestly i do think some people hate me some people be giving me the stank eye but i just don't let it get to me, ya know?" "Yeah, your strong i could never." "Once you start to ignore the people that are just trying to drag you down, life becomes more meaningful and enjoyable. Don't let someone get under your skin they are not worth your time." I  hugged her as i had nothing else to say, she always knew what to say, to motivate me, help me get through a rough time, or literally just do the bare minimum and tell me what is on her mind, like what she did just now.
I sat down at the lab table and started to get my notebooks out to take my notes when someone gabs the notebook i jut placed down. "Damn you are a nerd, i'm surprised there isn't little writings saying 'Matt + Y/n' or ' Y/n Sturniolo' like you did in fourth grade." "Okay first of all i did, not your name you would catch me dead before i ever put my name next to yours in that context, i even hate being this close to you. If you consider actually paying attention and getting good grades is a nerd, than call me a nerd all you want i don't care." "Noted" He said as he sat down on the lab stool and took out the safety glasses and place them on his head. I just rolled my eyes and start to take down notes as she started to talk about our assignment. 10:23. Can this class go by any slower- "Now you guys put the chemicals i placed in front of your lab labels in the beaker and write down the chemical reaction it has to the other chemicals" I grabbed the chemicals writing down the labels and next to them writing down the reactions it has to Sulfur Dioxide. "What is SO2?" you can hear Matt say but tune him out as you finished writing down the chemicals listed-"Hey! I asked what SO2 was." "I heard ya" "Then what is it?" "Surfer dioxide, ya know the main chemical we are using jeez you really need to pay attention more." "Why would i do that when i have you." "Yeah well i'm not gonna help you anymore i did when we were little but only because of pity." "So what's your reasoning for helping me now?" "For you to leave me alone, just give me the beaker and i'll do this assignment."  "Bet" He handed me the beaker and started going on his phone, I wrote down the chemical reactions...
SO2 + water: produce Sulfurous acid ( H 2 SO 3 )
SO2 + oxygen: sulfur trioxide is produced
I grabbed the other testing tube to get the other chemical as i can see in my peripheral vision Matt starting at me, not even look and look away but full on staring. "Yes?" i say not taking my eyes off of the testing tube, when he doesn't reply i turned my head towards his. He just looked into my eyes "You have pretty eyes" "thanks i guess" i gave a confused look as i continued to work on our assignment.
*Ring*
Finally i can leave now, i grabbed my backpack and headed straight to the car reaching back home, nobody else but me was at home my two little siblings are at school and my parents are at work so i go to my room take out the notes from the lab and critique then small mistakes, just then my phone vibrates i flip it over to see...

 *Ring* Finally i can leave now, i grabbed my backpack and headed straight to the car reaching back home, nobody else but me was at home my two little siblings are at school and my parents are at work so i go to my room take out the notes from the...

I flipped my phone back over, i did think to myself how the fuck did he get my number but i didn't want to put that much effort into think about him so i just brushed it off. I started to feel tired so i laid down in bed and started to shut my eyes slowly drifting away to sleep.
Waking up i opened my eyes slowly as my mind was more awake than my eyes were, 2:46. Great i'm not gonna be able to wake up in time tomorrow, maybe it's for the best skipping another day. Im sick of school, i turn off my alarm for school and go back to bed cuddling into my blanket, finally getting that peaceful sleep that i load been missing.

part 2?