Part 59

Abel smiled inwardly, satisfied with his manipulation. He knew that he had to do whatever it took to keep his men focused and motivated, even if it meant deceiving them. Dave seemed unsure if he could trust Khumo. "Do you really think that will work? Khumo has been protecting these elephants through violence. She won't just abandon them."

Abel sighs. "I know it's a long shot, but we will think of something in the moment. We can't just resort to violence and destruction. It's not worth it." Pete and Dave nodded in agreement, feeling relieved that they can finally come up with a more peaceful solution to the problem.

Abel had other plans however, he sat there, staring at the storm brewing in the distance. His mind was racing with thoughts of revenge and justice. He knew that he wanted to bring Khumo to justice for what she had done to his brother, but he couldn't help but wonder if it was worth it. Was it worth risking his life and the lives of his men for the sake of revenge?

He knew that he had to be careful. He couldn't let his emotions get the best of him. He needed to think logically and come up with a plan that would give them the best chance of success. As he thought about his options, a part of him began to wonder if he should handle this on his own. Maybe he didn't need Pete and Dave's help. He had to take Khumo down himself.

But then another part of him spoke up, reminding him of the risks involved. If he went after Khumo alone, he could easily be killed. And what would be the point? Would it truly give him the closure he sought? But there had been enough of the doubt in his mind, his intent had been clear and set in stone.

A plan began to take shape in his mind, and he turned to his men with a determined glint in his eye. "We need to create a natural barrier," he said, pointing to a rocky outcropping nearby. "We'll use rocks and debris to block off part of the pass, making it difficult for Khumo to navigate through."

Abel's men nodded, their expressions grim and focused. They knew that this was a risky plan, but they were willing to do whatever it took to stop Khumo and her illegal activities.

Abel continued, his voice low and urgent. "We'll also need a diversionary tactic. We'll set up a small fuel fire on the other side of the pass and wait for Khumo to investigate. This will give us time to take up positions and open fire from our elevated position."

Abel's expression turned serious. "That's where these last two guns come in. Dave, you're the sharpshooter, so you'll take the high ground and keep an eye out for Khumo. If you see her or the elephants, take them out. Pete, you'll take the lower ground and keep an eye out Khumo, while we round up the rest.'

Abel's eyes flashed with determination as he issued his final instructions. "We'll have the advantage of height and a better view of the isolated elephants, making it easier to hit our targets while Khumo is trapped elsewhere. This is our chance to take down these poachers and protect the elephants."

With that, Abel and his men set to work, gathering rocks and debris and creating a natural barricade to slow down Khumo and her band of poachers. They worked quickly and efficiently, their movements synchronized and precise. As they worked, the anticipation among the group grew, and the air crackled with a sense of impending action.

Khumo walked with a confident stride, her eyes scanning the rugged terrain around her. The elephants behind her, obedient and following her every step. She had been traveling for days, trying to find a new home for these animals. It was a dangerous journey, but one she was willing to take. As she walked, she listened to the sounds of the animals behind her, they began to seem restless, sensing the change in their surroundings. But Khumo knew they would be safe in her care.

She continued, her feet moving with purpose. The sun beat down on her, and sweat dripped down her face. But she did not stop, for she knew the journey ahead would be even more treacherous. As she climbed higher up the hills, she felt the wind pick up. Dark clouds loomed in the sky, casting a shadow over the land. Khumo felt a sense of unease, but she could not turn back now.