epilogue

two years later

tsukishima had told you nothing about what was happening today except he told you to dress cute. you had yamaguchi come over to help you decide what to wear, because you were utterly clueless.

"kei told me nothing about what was happening today except to dress cute and meet him at the train station around five. i don't know what to wear! i don't know if i should dress cute as in wear a dress or dress cute as in wear some cute shorts and a flowy shirt," you complained, practically tossing random clothes at yamaguchi.

"[name], calm down. wear a cute dress. you'd look better in a dress anyway," yamaguchi told you. he was sitting on your bed, watching you scramble through your closet, trying to figure out what to wear.

"should i wear a long dress or a short dress?"

"short dress."

"blue, purple, orange, or sage green with flowers?"

"sage green with flowers."

"hair down or hair up?"

"hair down."

"how do you know me so well?"

"i've been friends with you for years, [name]. i pay attention after the first tike you've asked me for help. just hurry up and get ready. i'm supposed to meet akaashi in tokyo at like 7, so i'll be riding the train with you and tsukki," yamaguchi explained. you watched him check his watch and you rolled your eyes.

"i want to know where we're going, so fucking bad. this isn't fair! he never does this kind of stuff. why does it have to be a secret?" you complained again, stripping your clothes and putting the dress on.

you heard yamaguchi chuckle and you looked at him. "what's so funny? do you know something about today? why are you laughing?"

"no, i don't know anything. i'm just laughing because you're all worked up over a little date. it's funny." yamaguchi did know something, but you weren't going to be able to pester it out of him. he was very good at keeping secrets.

"whatever, dude."

you sat down at your mirror and did a light makeup look to match your dress. you took your hair out from the messy bun that it was in and let it fall down. you attempted to brush it to gige it volume, but gave up because it wasn't working. you changed your mind and went with a slicked back ponytail and sighed. "this is so stupid."

yamaguchi raised an eyebrow at you. "are you really this worked up? you look great, you're going to have a great time. just shut up wnd get ready. we have 20 minutes to get to the train station, and 10 of those minutes is driving."

you flipoed him off and stood up, putting on deodorant and your favorite perfume. you put the perfume on your wrists and your neck, hoping it would last a little bit. you looked at yourself in the mirrow and snapped a few quick pictures.

"should i wear sandals or heels?"

"definitely sandals. you don't know what you're doing, so sandals would be the best option. you never know if there will be a lot of walking involved," yamaguchi explained, eyes now glued to his phone. he must be texting akaashi.

you grabbed your golden sandals and slipped them on. you grabbed your phone and purse, tossing your keys to yamaguchi. "you can drive," you told the man. he laughed and grabbed your keys from his lap. "deal." you both headed out of the apartment to the car for the 10 minute drive to the train station.

the train station wasn't really packed. it was relatively open for a saturday at 5. you shrugged it off and headed to go find tsukishima. neither of you could see him. but when you guys turned around, he was standing and getting train tickets. he looked amazing. he was wearing a blue and white striped polo with some cargo pants. everything about what he was wearing just made him look ten times bettee than usual.

he turned around and saw you and smiled. "hey, gorgeous. you look great. tadashi, you look good, too," tsukishima said, giving you a peck on the cheek. he handed tadashi his ticket but didn't give you yours because he said it was better if he hung onto it. he didn't want you to know where you were going yet.

you got on the train, all three of you sitting together. the train ride took two hours, and it was boring. but once the train stopped, all three of you got off and you were in tokyo. why would tsukishima take you to tokyo?

you saw akaashi standing and waiting and went up to him to say hi. little did you know that behind you, yamaguchi had handed tsukishima a small box. you and akaashi talked for a little bit before yamaguchi and tsukishima came up to you. "sorry to ruin your conversation, but we have plans elsewhere. see you guys later," tsukishima said, grabbing your hand and leading you off into the crowd.

"yeah, we'll see them in literallt a few minutes, we have to wait for them to get into the crowd just a bit more before we follow," yamaguchi laughed to akaashi. akaashi just laughed.

tsukishima led you through tokyo for a while before you ended up outside the carnival you guys went to for your first date. you smiled, tears threatening to form in your eyes. "kei, what's this about?" you asked, looking up at him.

"i just remembered all the fun we had two years ago when we went here and i wanted to come back. we did have a lot of fun. come on, lets go ride some rides," he told you. he grabbed your hand and led you to what felt like 20 different rides.

the sun had started to set, and you both went to a less populated area to see the sunset. "the sunset is beautiful. just as beautiful as it was when we first saw it," you told him. you couldn't see him from the side, and panicked a little because you thought he had left you alone.

you turned around and saw him down on one knee, holding a ring in his hands. "[name], i've loved you for years, and i want more than anything to keep loving you for the rest of my life. will you marry me?"

the tears came back, and you were crying happy tears. you got on your knees to hug him. "of course, kei," you told him, earning cheers from some people around. tsukishima stood up with you in his arms and twirled you around.

he set you back down and placed the ring on your finger. you saw yamaguchi and akaashi, as well as a photographer. you couldn't believe this was happening. "did you have this all planned out? was this why we came here today?" you laughed, wiping away some tears.

"maybe. yamaguchi helped me plan it out. he even had the ring while he was at your house earlier," tsukishima laughed. you glared at yamaguchi. yamaguchi just smiled in response, giving you a hug.

you were engaged to tsukishima, and you couldn't believe that it happened. you loved him more than life itself. you were happy. happy that everything turned out the way you wanted to.

the end