| Part 37 |

Tonight, the curtains were never closed because Kim Taehyung wanted to watch the stars dance in the sky. It was all he could do since he didn't want to wake anyone or let them know that he never went to sleep. His back was facing his friend Namjoon. Seokjin had slept on Taehyung's couch since he lost a game of rock, paper, scissors. The other two shared a guest room to avoid crowding Taehyung's room. Hoseok had volunteered to sleep on the floor, but Taehyung refused.

You see, this was his plan all along. The fewer people in his room, the less likely it is that someone will notice his absence.

Taehyung was going to break into Little Friends Forever alone.

It scared him a bit- not knowing anything about breaking and entering- but he believed that he could get away before the police get there. He also spent many hours watching videos about stealth while the others sang karaoke to relieve stress. The person next to him was the cause of a lot of their laughter.

Figuring that now was a great time to go, Taehyung got up as if he were just using the bathroom. When he lifted off the soft bed, he froze and checked to see if anyone noticed. Namjoon was still facing the other way, and Seokjin's eye mask was still on. Good. He tiptoed his way to his door and turned the handle ever so gently. The low light from the hallway made him pause before he realized neither of them faced the door.

He smiled to himself proudly when he made it all the way to his spare room where he kept some extra clothes. Thankfully he kept a black hoodie and a pair of matching jeans hanging in the closet. He quickly threw the clothes on and left the room.

The most important object of the night was in his pocket: the silver key.

The workers had either left or fallen asleep in their rooms by now, so he didn't have to worry about running into someone. 

His mission for tonight? Find out what that criminal is hiding. Not just for Jiho, but for every person and every pet involved. How awful of a person do you have to be to steal a dog? Just thinking about their twisted mind made Taehyung extremely grateful for his sane one.

"Huh?"

Taehyung opened the drawer in the foyer where he always placed his car keys. This time, the drawer was completely empty. Not even a speck of dust lay inside. He turned on his phone's flashlight to make sure he wasn't wrong.

The bright light confirmed it.

He can't save the world if his keys are missing... Actually, if he had the power of flight this wouldn't have been a problem. But that's not his reality, and that type of thinking won't make his keys appear.

"Where'd you go, keys?..."

○・●・○・●・○・●・○

She jumped at the sudden banging on the door. No one ever comes by at night, so her surprise was instantly replaced with understanding.

The only person who'd be looking for her at this time of night was him.

More impatient banging.

That gang member wasn't the type to waste time with frivolous things. It's not how their family worked. 'Move fast, and work quick' is their style. A small flashlight on the ground is what she chose to take with her.

The climb up the ladder was slow, and she moved the box covering her exit even slower. The flashlight immediately went to the back door of the building. There were shadows coming from the outside; two shadows. At least she didn't have to worry about a group of people surrounding her.

"Open the door."

That voice belonged to Sir. One minute he's a mastermind, and the next he's a total airhead, stumbling over his words. She wonders which version of him she'll have to face today. After opening the door, she noticed that the second person was his little brother, Po. She barely knew him.