| Part 38 |

"Can you hand me the towel?" Taehyung asked. His eyes were trained on the canvas while his hand extended towards Jimin expectantly. After a few seconds of silence, Taehyung turned around, "J-"

His friend, Park Jimin, had fallen asleep while sitting up against the wall. The movie on his phone was still playing, but the phone had left his grasp long ago. Taehyung took a mental picture of his friend's relaxed face and puffy cheeks. He even had a bit of drool escaping his mouth that Taehyung wished he could have a picture of to laugh at later. Why'd he have to leave his phone in his room?

Taehyung gave himself a light scolding before picking up the towel off of the chair himself.

The sun was starting to rise outside, and he could hear people shuffling around in the halls. In two hours, breakfast should be ready. By then he'll have had his vision and could tell his friends everything he learned. Well...Jimin will still be asleep, so he'll have to wait.

Why was he up so late anyway? Taehyung never got a chance to ask him. His guess is that Jimin was waiting for him to sneak out so he could catch him.

The painting in front of him only needed some more blending and then he'd be pleased with what he's created. It definitely wasn't winning any awards anytime soon, but it'll do the job. He's drawn much more vague pictures before- like the little girl stick figure- so he's not afraid. He might even give the picture to the police after this.

About an hour later, Taehyung decided he was finished. Everything was put together from his and Jimin's memory. They almost had a fight over what eyebrow shape she had, so Taehyung drew one eyebrow in each style.

"Ugh..." Her face was just as empty and lifeless as it was in person. "Let's see the future, shall we?"

Taehyung took a deep breath, in through his nose and out through his mouth, before he connected with the painting.

"Show me something useful..."

And his vision faded.

He was swimming in darkness until rows of light started to unblur in front of him. The buildings were clear under the moonlight in front of him; the wind howled, but it couldn't touch him like it touched the people on the ground below him. For a second, Taehyung thought he was flying.

But, no, he was sitting on the ledge of a building.

A pair of sneakers beside his socks made him turn. The criminal, in all her dull glory, was sitting next to him. He flinched at how close they were and scooted further away. Thankfully, she couldn't see him.

Her eyes were trained on a gray mouse in her hand. Taehyung watched her pet the rodent before setting it back down on the roof. It ran away, disappearing into the shadows.

"Hello?"

A man, tall and lanky, yelled while stepping out of the door to the roof. He was covered in masks, gloves, and everything that would hide his identity. The criminal sighed before turning around to face him.

"You're Thomas?" She noticed his nervous behavior; it was similar to hers. "You don't look like Thomas."

"I'm like a...an intern. Thomas sent me."

She balled her fists angrily before relaxing, "Whatever. As long as you relay my next message." Taehyung thought to himself, making sure to remember this name. "I am a part of the 88 family. Blood-related. They...abandoned me long ago, but I still have my connections to them."

The intern squinted his eyes, "That's hard to believe."

"I have documents," she removed a manilla folder from under herself and held it out, "It's all real- you can check. They almost killed me when they found out I had these."