Part 7 (Soyeon)

"Ahhh, I wanna go to Jeju Island..." Nao whined, pouting.

"Let's force CUBE into letting us take a vacation." Sachiko suggested.

Perking up, intruiged, Y/N smiled. "Right. IDLE is done with their promotions, and we haven't released "MY ERA" yet. We have about one weeks time, but CUBE might just pack out schedules with whatever random stuff. We could give it a try, though." Analyzing, Y/N said thoughtfully.

"YUQI, CALL THE CEO!" Shuhua shouted.

"HUH? WHY ME?" Yuqi shouted back.

Mockingly, Minnie said, "Because he said you were his favorite."

Miyeon, beside Y/N, smiled at the memory of the betrayal of the CEO as she wrapped her arms around Y/N's neck, snuggling close to her.

Soyeon found herself staring at the two, and she felt the ache of jealousy blooming in her heart.

Yuqi finally, after quarreling with her members, picked up her phone and dialed her CEO's number.

"...sure. I'll talk to the team."

Earning themselves a vacation, they shrieked excitedly as they ran around embracing each other.

*time skip to plane*

"I've never been to Jeju Island, how is it like?" Belle, who came from China, said curiously.

"Well, it's all Seas and Mountains, and the air there is so fresh you won't want to go home!" Nao explained enthusiastically.

Cuddling Qiqi, Yuqi looked out the window as Sachiko opened a pack of pocky and bit into one. Sayori tapped on Yuqi's shoulder, and they started to chat.

On the other side, Y/N is struggling whether to sit with Miyeon because Minnie seemed to be interested in sitting with her.

Slightly tapping Miyeon's shoulders reassuringly, she gestured Soyeon to sit beside her as Shuhua put her head close to the window and closed her eyes.

On the whole way to Jeju Island, Soyeon and Y/N talked, whispering in their seats, laughing, and reciting lines, pointing to interesting shaped clouds, as they spent quality time together.
Y/N felt a ping of attraction for Soyeon, but it was hurriedly replaced with guilty for such thoughts.

Arriving at Jeju Island, they pulled their luggage, Y/N's arms on Soyeon's shoulders, still chatting.

Miyeon peeked over curiously, and seeing her girlfriend's arm over another girl who happens to be her best friend, she whirled her head away and walked away hurriedly, sensing a pinch of jealousy from her girlfriend, Y/N flinched but didn't take her hand off.

Taking a cab and arriving at their cottage, the girls decided to get ready for dinner, with Belle, Shuhua, Minnie, and Miyeon going to get alcohol, while Soyeon, Yuqi, Sayori and Y/N go buy ingredients.

Sachiko and Nao stayed back and planned their trips for the week.

On their way, Yuqi and Sayori went to the supermarket while Soyeon and Y/N walked further to the wet market.

"So... how do you feel? Coming to Jeju for a rare holiday?" Y/N asked, hands behind her back, the setting sun dyeing her hair, head turned to Soyeon, bright eyes searching for her.

"Well, I'm so glad we got to come here as a whole team, and especially since we get to come with you guys, so I'm so excited~" Soyeon said, looking back at her with shining brown eyes. Sneezing, she got Y/N's attention. Taking off her jacket, Y/N placed it over Soyeon's body as the sea breeze brushed past her face. Gazing at Soyeon, Y/N's body ached to be embraced by the girl in front of her.

Silent embraced the air as they walked side by side. Suddenly, Soyeon reached out for Y/N's arms.

"I have a question... Are you and Miyeon Unnie dating...?" Soyeon stopped in her tracks and asked.

Shocked, Y/N lowered her head and stared at the ground.

Taking a deep breath, she stared at the sea sparkling under the sun.

"Yeah... We are..." She said, biting her lip.

"Oh." Soyeon says, tears forming in her eyes, Y/N's news breaking her fragile heart, as she stared away to the other side, but is surprised to find clouds covering the sun. As sudden as it could be, rain started to pour from the sky, but as they were in the middle of nowhere, Soyeon and Y/N could not find shelter, so they just ran with Y/N's jacket on the top of their heads. Having no idea where they are, they stopped in place just in case they would've got lost. Rain grazing their faces, Soyeon finally couldn't hold it in. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she sobbed silently, holding herself up as she cried her eyes out. Y/N reached over and wrapped her arms around the crying girl as Soyeon buried her head in her chest.

"I'm sorry... I can't- control myself... I can't- stop, I'm- sorry-" Soyeon said, sobbing softly.

Pulling Soyeon closer, Y/N no longer hid her longing for the girl in her arms.

"Shh... there's no need to be sorry... No matter what happens, I will always love you until the end. I don't know what will happen between me and Miyeon, but I know I'll either have to choose between you or her. Well, do you wish to take the honours of helping me decide?" Y/N asked, voice slightly trembling.

Pulling her head out of Y/N's body, Soyeon slid her arms through Y/N's arms and pulled her close through her waist. Closing her eyes, she pressed her lips close to the older girl's lips, kissing like there was no tomorrow of them.

Y/N let go of the jacket above them, and rain fell above their heads, watching them as they kissed in the rain.

Pulling away, the desire was not washed away, Y/N went in for a kiss again. This time, fingers tightening on Soyeon's arms, she forced herself onto her senior's lips. Soyeon, who isn't threatened, pushed back fiercely with her lips, battling with the older girl in front of her.

Eyes closed, all wet, Y/N played with Soyeon's wet hair and tugged on her skirt gently, in case the wind decided to be a pervert. With her left hand on the small of Soyeon's back, her right hand brushing away Soyeon's bangs that were in her eyes and she stepped back, breathless.

Y/N, who couldn't believe in herself, stared away in guilt.

"Y/N unnie, do you choose me?" Soyeon said with sadness in her eyes, yet still smiling.

The sun was creeping out from the clouds, and the rain got smaller but not completely stopped.

Putting her fingers on her lips, Y/N couldn't believe how sweet the lips of the younger girl felt. Still breathing heavily, she felt tears creeping up her eyes. She loved Miyeon, but Soyeon had always lived rent-free in her heart and mind.

Asking her to choose between the girl she longed for and her girlfriend, she feels helpless, knowing it'll break one of them if she chose the other.

Soyeon, gently brushing Y/N's tears away with her fingers, put her hands to Y/N's as she stroked her cheek tenderly. Wrapping arms around her waist, she lay her head on Y/N's shoulders.

"I'm not as pretty as Miyeon unnie. My voice isn't nearly as angelic. I'm not like a princess. I'm not older than you..."

"But I can love you as much as she does. I'm sure of that."

"Also... Don't feel guilty about that... I have something to show you."

Taking out her phone, Soyeon showed Y/N Miyeon and her conversation. Gasping, she couldn't believe her eyes.

Next chapter, guys~

"Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain, kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain."