Part 8 (Miyeon)

"You know what will happen if they spread out a rumor. We would have to be so careful and we can't even talk in public. We have to stay a distance away from each other. You know some fans hate dating rumors. And CUBE, CUBE doesn't do anything at all. They only know how to kick people out of the company..."

"We can't risk this. Both of us and our groups are going well right now. Such news can not be spread. It may bring attention to us, but it will definitely bring negative impacts of losing fans and stuff... and yeah... CUBE." Miyeon blabbered on.

Staring at her feet, Y/N played with her fingers. Averting her gaze to Miyeon, she took a deep breath.

"Well..."

"Why can't we just... tell them? I think our real fans will understand..." Y/N said, honest with her thoughts. 

They just stared at each other, inhaling and exhaling deeply, thinking of a way to be together but not get affected.

After some time, Y/N broke the silence.

"We'll have to talk to our members. We have to get it through to them. Should we do it together? In the same room?"

"Yeah, I think we should do it together. With you beside me, I think I'll be less nervous." Miyeon replied with a shy smile.

Stroking Miyeon's hair, Y/N smiled. "It'll be fine," She assured. "Don't worry about it now, and let's plan our trip."

Suddenly, the rain started to pour from the sky, and it just got bigger and bigger.

"Oh, no. I don't think they brought umbrellas..." Miyeon said, worried.

Closing her computer, Y/N stood up, holding out a hand to Miyeon.

"Shall we go for a walk in the rain?"

Miyeon smiled and held out her hand to Y/N, as Y/N pulled her up. Hand in hand, they went to get umbrellas and put on their shoes.

Deciding to split up, Y/N went for Shuhua, Minnie, Nao, and Belle while Miyeon went for Soyeon, Yuqi, Sachiko and Sayori.

Y/N found the girls who went for alcohol in the store staring out the windows in awe. Being glad that Y/N was there for their rescue, Nao clung onto Y/N's arm as Belle jumped into their leader's arms, sinking into her embrace.

Hugging them back, Y/N held out their umbrellas, and they went back to the cottage.

Meeting Miyeon and her side at the cottage, they laughed at how the other half looked like. They weren't as lucky to find a shelter to stay at. They had to stand under a half broken bundle of rope and get barely any less wet.

Y/N, who was worried they would catch a flu, urged them to hurry up and get into the cottage.

While everyone was warming up by the stove and drinking the hot chocolate Y/N made for them, Soyeon and Miyeon stepped out for a chat. Curious, Y/N stood from her seat and opened the backyard door a little enough for her to hear. Feeling bad for eavesdropping, she pushed the feeling aside. It was still raining, and the two girls were soaked.

"But you told me you would break up with her! You said you won't ruin her career!" Y/N heard Soyeon exclaiming, overwhelmed with emotions.

"Yeah... but she told me that we should just tell everyone. She said real Neverlands and Mes would be understanding enough... She told me not to worry... I'm sorry, Soyeon..." Miyeon's voice was quiet and soft as she said.

"After so long... I thought it's finally my turn... Turns out it's my naivety took over again. I know I'll never win her heart..." Soyeon sighed and said emotionally.

Y/N stood in shock as she took in the information of Soyeon having a crush on her. Gulping in the slight sense of happiness, she continued listening while peeking out of the opened door.

"Oh, Soyeon, I'm so sorry, don't think like that... Look, don't you have a thing for Yuqi?" Miyeon seems to be comforting Soyeon as she puts her hand on Soyeon's shoulders.

Wincing, Soyeon jumped up.
"No, my feelings for Yuqi isnt the same. It's never going to be the same. And you! Don't comfort me! You won't understand how I feel! You have all her love, all her attention! How would you know anything? You're clueless! Absolutely clueless!" Soyeon said, voice trembling with pain.

Y/N, who couldn't take it anymore, pushed open the door completely and stormed out the backyard.

Miyeon and Soyeon stood at their places, staring in shock.

"Do you want to... maybe talk about this?" Y/N said, reaching out for both of their hands and pulling them under the roof of the shed. Pulling the key from under the mattress, she unlocked the door of the shed and pulled out some clean towels. Handing one to each of the girls, they accepted and wiped their bodies willingly. Bringing out hoodies and some comfy jeans, Y/N let Soyeon and Miyeon change into dry clothes as she closed the door.

After changing, Miyeon and Soyeon sat on the sofa in the nicely decorated shed as they sipped from black tea.

Next chapter?? >>>>>

(sorry I have to catch a flight tomorrow and I have to sleep now...)

sorry for breaking the story into so many parts