Chapter 24

I do not proofread. This chapter is unedited.

Chapter 24

Roots

Paige couldn't count how many times he struggled and suffered surviving all those years. He always make mistakes as he doesn't have anyone he can rely on during those times. He tried to forget everything as he started his new life here in Claveria. He found his new home here and that made him try to abandon everything about his past.

But our roots are the most hard to bury. It will try and try to be seen above the surface as the ground covering it falls away as time passes.

We will all be hunted by our past. The mistakes that we made will always come back until we realize where we did wrong. We can't turn back the time but we are all given the time to correct it in our present.

And all of it will happen again and again until we can no longer make any mistakes in our life. We make mistakes, we learn, we make compromises, until we reach the perfection of living.

But life will never be perfect. Life is flawed and so do those who live with it.

"May program kanina sa school nila kaya medyo natagalan kami. Kinausap pa kasi ako ng principal dahil dito kakain ang mga bisita nila." Saad ni Diego.

It always happens here in the restaurant. Palaging may mga unexpected orders kaya naman palagi silang handa sa ganitong sitwasyon.

It is already peak hour for the restaurant that's why their food is already running out. Kailangan muling magluto ulit ni Paige.

"Wala ba silang gustong ipaluto?" Tanong ni Paige.

"Iyong pinaka-dabest daw! Alam mo na 'yon!" Sagot ni Diego. Umalis na ito at nagtungo sa labas ng kusina. Habang ang anak naman ni Paige ay nagtungo na sa kanilang kwarta sa taas. Nagtataka pa nga si Paige kung bakit ito nagmamadaling pumunta sa kanilang kwarto.

It took him a long time before he could pick up cooking again. He learnt to cook when he was still young and up until he became an adult, cooking has taken part to his growth as a person. And just like that, he slowly get up and somehow managed to get out of his room. Cooking has then helped him a lot to get back into society.

The anxiety of his past slowly faded as he indulge himself in cooking. But all those years, he never healed. It still lingers in his eyes, behind his smiles, and hidden in his shadows.

Kahit saan at kung anong gawin niya, naaalala parin niya ang lahat ng nga nangyari. It was burden for Paige. But yet, he still manage to survive.

One of the things that he realised all those years is that the only person you can rely on is yourself. And if you manage to get help from others, never use it for granted. Suklian mo ang lahat ng mga natulong sa'yo at pagbayarin mo ang lahat ng mga tumalikod sa'yo.

And that's Aling Belen. Paige helped her in the restaurant as a cook. The restaurant was on its brink of dying and they were living off to the people who rented rooms. But like magic, when Paige came to help her cook food, it was brought back to life and become famous for its good food. All thanks to Paige's hands.

Walang pera si Paige kaya iyon na lamang ang naisip niyang panukli sa pagtulong ng mga ito sa kaniya, at sa kaniyang anak.

Although, Paige was still suspicious at first and always observed them, he learnt that Aling Belen and Diego had no ill intention behind those help he received. That made him stay here. Kaya naging madali at masaya kahit papano ang kaniyang buhay dito sa Claveria.