14) through many dangers, toils, and snares

Ava, Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily were doing community service by picking up trash.

"Only an hour and thirty minutes to go" Hanna said. "I think it's more like two hours but who's counting" Aria said.

"How many hours you got left a dark-haired girl asked the short hair girl on the bench. "Six months" she said.

"But your momma's not a big shot lawyer getting you and your pals community service for tampering with evidence" the dark-haired girl said, and Ava went to go hit her when Aria stopped her shaking her head.

Ava glared at the girl before going back to work. "I thought you said they killed somebody" the short hair girl said.

"That's what the cops think but the cops can't prove it" the dark-haired girl said. "Cops are stupid" the short hair girl said. "We didn't do anything" Emily said.

"Oh, so Em can talk to them, but I can't show them what I'm made of yeah cool"  Ava said. "Don't talk to them" Spencer told Emily.

"I'll talk to anybody I want to" Emily said. "No, you won't" Spencer said. "And who's gonna stop me" Emily asked. "Both of you just shut up I don't wanna hear it anymore" Aria said.

"Did you at least think about my idea" Emily asked Spencer. "It was a bad idea when they arrested us it's a bad idea now" Spencer said.

"We finally have something solid" Emily said. "Why won't you use it" Emily asked.

"Because you can't make a deal with a rattlesnake" Spencer said. "You can if you have something the rattlesnake wants" Emily said.

"Can we stop talking about snakes" Hanna asked. "And maybe just focus on our community service please" Ava asked.

"Listen to me we're not going to be making any kind of deal with A that's final" Spencer said.

"Maybe for you the rest of us don't have lawyers for parents" Emily said.

"Meaning what" Spencer asked. "Meaning your mom may have gotten us a deal but if they ever figure out a way to charge us for killing Ali, she'll throw the rest of us under the bus to save you and you'd let her" Emily said turning around when Spencer threw her bag at her.

Emily gasped before going to Spencer and the two started fighting. Ava, Aria, and Hanna tried to get them to stop but wouldn't ending up with the cops pulling them apart.

>>>

"You know what happened with Spencer and Emily" Jason asked Ava as she came downstairs.

"No not really" Ava said, and Jason gave her a look.

"I promise I don't okay and even if I tried to stop it things would have gotten worse" Ava said and Jason sighed.

"Okay" Jason said. "Are we good can I go" Ava asked. "I'm late to meet Mike and Aria" Ava said. "Yeah go" Jason said and Ava smiled before leaving.

>>>

Ava caught up with Mike and Aria and tapped Mike on the shoulder. "Oh, there's my girl" Mike said giving her a quick kiss before putting his arm around her.

"Sorry I could barely get away from Jason" Ava said. "It's fine at least your here now we were just talking about Mike's therapist" Aria said and Ava nodded.

"So do you like this guy" Aria asked Mike. "He's okay I mean he's really old but he's not a jerk he doesn't make those listening noises like my first therapist he dialed down my meds and he doesn't look at me like I'm a bobblehead the way I catch mom and dad sometimes" Mike said.