16) let the water hold me down

Ava was with Hanna comforting her after what happened when Aria came over.

"Here's some aspirin" Aria told Hanna and gave her the aspirin. "You want me to make you some soup" Aria asked Hanna.

"Thanks but I'm not hungry" Hanna said. "Who could be after what you've been through tonight" Ava asked. "You want a blanket" Spencer asked coming over.

"Sure" Hanna said and Spencer put a blanket over her. "Here's your bag" Emily said coming over giving her, her bag before sitting down.

"I think Caleb called your phone was making noise" Emily said. "Well, it tends to do that when someone calls or sends a text" Ava said sarcastically.

"Han now I know that you might not be ready to talk about this but the sheriff said that they're gonna drag the lake first thing in the morning" Spencer said.

"Lucas isn't in the lake" Hanna said. "He didn't come up to shore we waited" Emily said.

"He knows how to swim alright" Hanna said. "Hey why don't we calm down everything has been crazy yes but we are all here for Hanna" Ava said.

"He's out there somewhere I can feel it" Hanna said. "I still can't believe that Lucas would help A" Aria said.

"Why not Jenna did the same thing with Caleb" Spencer said. "Hey maybe you're wrong remember Toby or Jason" Ava said.

"A knows Lucas is close to Hanna" Emily said. "No, I get it I just don't really see Lucas as being that violent" Aria said.

"He can be Lucas was the one who destroyed Alison's memorial I found out the night I got out of the hospital" Hanna said. "I'm gonna kill him if he's alive that is" Ava said.

"Why didn't you tell us" Spencer asked. "Told me to keep a secret" Hanna said. "Why" Emily asked.

"To protect him he's been through a lot Alison really tortured him" Hanna said. "Alison tortured a lot of people including Mona" Ava said.

"Maybe it's time to start protecting you" Spencer said to Hanna. "I have a headache" Hanna said and took the aspirin.

Hanna went to drink the water in her cup when Emily stopped her seeing it was lake water.

"Hanna don't drink that" Emily said. "That's lake water" Aria said. "Too late" Hanna said. "How did that get in there" Aria asked. "The bag was outside in the car" Emily said.

"But all of us were in here" Aria said. "Yeah but Lucas wasn't" Spencer said. "He or someone had to have grabbed it while we were in here" Ava said.

"Maybe he just wants to finish what he started" Spencer said and Hanna's phone went off.

"No fun chugging lake water is it coke on this liar A" Hanna said reading the text.

>>>

"Wait this kid went missing at a party" Jason asked.

"Yeah, Hanna went with him to set up the fireworks and we went looking for them and she came back from the lake soaking wet, but he didn't" Ava said.

"Well other than that how was the party" Jason asked. "It was okay I don't really care much for parties" Ava said. "And how are you my daughter" Jason asked and they laughed.

"Well I'm glad your okay I wouldn't have forgiven myself if you weren't" Jason said and Ava smiled.

"Thanks" Ava said. "I mean it okay you mean everything to me and if you ever need me just call I'll be there" Jason said. "I will" Ava said.

>>>

"A was definitely in my lake house" Spencer said pouring objects on the table. "You found these in the attic" Hanna asked.