16) Misery loves company

"What is this" Emily asked sniffing the tea. "Some kind of herb thing it's Meredith's cure all recipe" Aria said once Emily gave her the tea.

"I don't think it's working" Spencer said. "Yeah, I agree you look terrible" Ava said. "Thank you" Aria said. "You know what I mean" Ava said. "Oh god" Aria said and put the tea down.

"I couldn't have picked a worse time to get sick" Aria said. "Have you heard from your dad" Spencer asked.

"He left a message, but I haven't talked to him since he left for his conference" Aria said.

"Hey how's the patient" Hanna asked coming over. "Not great" Emily said. "Well, I brought over everything that helps me when I'm sick" Hanna said.

"Oh no not the bag" Ava said finally recognizing the bag. "Trash" Hanna said showing Aria.

"Ginger ale" Hanna said putting it on the table. "And three seasons of saved by the bell" Hanna said putting it down.

"Thank you, Hanna," Aria said. "Are you sure you want to stay here by yourself" Spencer asked Aria. "Guys I'm fine" Aria said. "You don't look fine" Spencer said.

"So, I've heard" Aria said. "You sure you don't want us to drive you to your mom's" Emily asked.

"No, it's her week with Mike so the guest room's already taken and besides I promised Meredith that I wouldn't tell her about Ali's diary until we talked to my dad so if I just stay away from her, it's easier to keep that a secret" Aria said.

"I was at your mom's last night she has a nice place" Ava said and Aria smiled at her.

"I hope you and Mike changed the sheets if you guys did anything" Aria said. "Oh relax" Ava said.

"I can't believe we're trusting Meredith" Hanna said. "I think she's really just as devastated as I am" Aria said.

"You're not giving her the pages right" Hanna asked. "No, no they're hidden in a safe place, and they'll stay there till my dad gets home then we'll give him the chance to tell us the truth" Aria said.

"And if he doesn't" Hanna asked. "I don't want to believe that my dad could have hurt Ali but if he did do it this is a family secret that I can't keep" Aria said.

>>>

"Hey thanks for letting me shower here I would have gone to Spencer's, but Toby is there" Ava said.

"Hey, it's no problem I was on my way heading to Toby's anyways" Emily said. "Hey, you need the keys right you can use mine" Ava said and gave Emily the keys.

"Oh yeah thanks" Emily said. "No problem well I'm off thanks again" Ava said and left.

>>>

"There my girl" Mike said going to Ava. "You know anything else's besides my girl" Ava asked.

"Maybe but I like my girl better" Mike said and Ava shook her head. "How's your mom's been" Ava asked.

"It's been great" Mike said. "Good hey I know it's not the same but just know they still love you and they're just doing what they think is best for the family" Ava said. 

Mike smiled at her and pecked her lips. The bell rang and Mike put his arm around Ava once she shut her locker and they headed off to class.

>>>

"Corbin moved her store to society hill a month ago" Spencer said looking at the computer.

"Did you tell Mona you applied for a job there" Emily asked Hanna. "No, I applied months ago online she's just doing this to get back at me for cutting her off" Hanna said.