9) The Kahn game

Ava went down to the kitchen where she saw Jason already awake. "Morning" Jason said once he saw her.

"Morning hey I'm sorry for the last-minute phone call I just didn't expect Toby to take off like that something big must have really got to him" Ava said.

"Ava don't apologize it's okay I'm your dad you're always welcome here okay remember that" Jason said. "Okay" Ava said smiling. "You need a ride to school" Jason asked.

"I can call Aria or Hanna you don't have to" Ava said. "No, it's fine I don't mind I'll take you just eat up and finish getting ready" Jason said. Ava nodded and sat down and ate.

>>>

"So, any idea when Toby will be back" Caleb asked. "No not a clue just said to stay at Jason's or a friend's till he returns" Ava said and they saw Hanna.

Ava looked at Caleb who watched Hanna go to her locker. "Hey, come on let's go talk to her come on" Ava said.

Caleb nodded and followed Ava to Hanna's locker. "Hey" Caleb said to Hanna and Hanna faced him. "Have you seen Spencer" Caleb asked her.

"No sorry" Hanna said and Caleb held out a paper. "Can you give her this when you do" Caleb asked and Hanna took it.

"It's the new log in for Maya's website" Caleb said. "This is not exactly what I had in mind when I suggested you talk to her" Ava told Caleb.

"How's your mom doing" Hanna asked Caleb. "Better" Caleb told her. "How are you" Caleb asked. "I'm fine" Hanna said. "Good" Caleb said they stayed in an awkward silence.

"Are any of you gonna say anything or" Ava asked and the bell rang.

"Thanks for passing that along" Caleb told Hanna and left.

"Sorry Han I thought that would go differently" Ava said. "It's okay thanks for trying" Hanna said and Ava nodded before heading off to class.

>>>

"Hey, there you are figured you were with the girls" Mike said kissing Ava's cheek before sitting next to her.

"I decided to finish up on some homework" Ava said. "Anything you need help with" Mike asked.

"No, I got it but thanks" Ava said and Noel came over. "Hey cuz and Mike" Noel said sitting down.

"Noel what are you doing" Ava asked. "Can't I say hi to my newly discovered cousin" Noel said. "I guess" Ava said. "Hey Noel" Mike said. "Mike" Noel said.

"This is still taking some used to you know that right" Ava said to Noel. "It's not every day you find out you're a Kahn" Ava said.

"Yes, I know but you'll get used to me after all we're family and besides unlike your mother I want to know you" Noel said. "Fine you can stay" Ava said.

"I wasn't going to leave regardless of what you said" Noel said and Ava rolled her eyes.

>>>

Ava was heading home when Emily stopped her. "Ava" Emily said, and Ava faced her. "Hey Em" Ava said. "Hey, you weren't with Hanna or Spencer everything okay" Emily asked.

"Yeah, I was just finishing up some homework Mike and Noel kept me company" Ava said. "Oh, okay had me worried for a second" Emily said.

"Everything's fine I promise" Ava said. "Did you know about Spencer and Hanna not telling me about Maya's site" Emily asked.

"No, I figured they told you I mean if it were me, I'd wanna know" Ava said.

"Thanks Ava I knew you'd understand" Emily said and a horn honked. "Sorry I'd love to stay and chat, but Jason is waiting" Ava said.