23

" Night Changes - One direction"

First day of my new school year. Good thing that Evan still remembers kings cross after so many year. He came to drop me off.
The station was so crowded I couldn't even place a foot without bumping into someone
I was just stepping in the train when my eyes caught hold on something.
Then I saw him. Draco was boarding the train.
" C'mon you have a whole year to stare at him Eve" he noted
" Oh shut up Evan "

I boarded on the train, looking for Luna. I saw her sitting by herself in a compartment.
" Luna how was your summer?"
" It was nice. My father bought me this muggle camera. It takes great pictures. He also did some magic on it and it can take pictures that can move!"

" Oh can I try? "
" Sure! "
Luna instructed me to use the camera thing and take a picture of her.

She sat down and started to wave at me.
And I pressed a button.
I almost dropped it because of the sound it made.

A parchment thin thing came out of it. It was a picture of Luna waving at me. And It was actually moving.

I also took a couple of pictures for myself.
I looked around my compartment and saw Harry, looking totally lonely.
" What happened to Harry?" I asked Luna
" You don't know? He had a trial because he used a patronus charm infront of a muggle! People are also thinking that he is lying about the one who must not be named's return."
" Oh just say voldemort it's shorter "
She gasped
" You have so much courage Eve "
She stayed silent and then spoke something that I didn't know what to answer.

" Did you talk to Malfoy over the summer. I've noticed you taking glances at him too much. I just want to confirm that you actually like him"

I took a deep breath and let out a sigh
" I don't know whether our feelings are mutual. I may have kissed him once but-"

" You have kissed him and you still don't know how he feels? Girl there is some serious problem"

I didn't wanted myself to think about it much. But it was undeniable that I couldn't help myself.

Finally the train's engine whistled and smoke starts to come out.

This year is a lot of adventure I guess.
We are getting older
Does it ever drive you crazy?
Just how fast the night changes
But it will never change me. Or my love for him.

As I grow older, I realized many things. Not everyone who claimed to love you is saying the truth.

My life has taken many twist and turns but I guess I am fine.
This year I will be giving my OWLs exam.
After that I could finally get a job at the astronomy department.

I feel myself close to the stars and the sun. I always wanted to work for the astronomical department but my mother wanted me to work in a high end job.

That woman is not my mother anymore.
My father also loved the stars and we would spend the night out in the field watching them
They called us dreamers but we were the ones who didn't sleep

" Evara, we have reached Hogwarts. Pick your things up."
Luna helped my carry up all my baggage.
We started walking towards the carriage.
The carriage was pulled by Thestrals.
I could see these Thestrals because I saw my father die. Luna too could see them.
It was sad for people who could see them, it meant they had saw someone die.
Luna took a seat next to me and started reading the quibbler. Did I ever mention that she reads the books while they are upside down? She is a little different from normal person and that is what makes her so lovable.

I heard some footsteps coming towards us. I look in that direction and saw the trio coming towards us.
Wonder if they could see the Thestrals.

" Do you see these horses" Harry shouted
" There are no horses Harry! " Yelled Hermione
Looks like Harry too could see them.

" Don't worry, you are just as sane as we are. " Luna remarked with her angelic voice.
" It's Looney Lovegood- I mean Luna Lovegood " Hermione almost said that name
" Hermione I have told you not to say her Looney, she is bullied using that name " I whispered to her.

Luna explained them about Thestrals and they looked rather amazed.

We reached the castle. I felt like it was a bit different than before. I was not very sure that this year would be great at all but here it goes now.
I slowly took steps inside the castle while all the new first years were marching behind.
I took a seat near Luna, Dumbledore was going to start his lecture which he gives at the start of the year.

He is indeed very old, looks like he will not live long. He's already 150 years old.

" And We have a change in the staff, Miss Dolores Umbridge will now teach D.A.D.A "
A lady in the worst pink shade I have ever seen came in front with a proud smile on her face.
" She looks like a pig " I whispered to Luna

She talked about changing the system or something like that. I don't care what she say, I have OWLs this year and If I didn't score good I will not get my dream job in the astronomy department. If I ever didn't, I will become the minister of magic!
I will make laws for child safety and also on pure blood. Hermione also had the same ambition. If I didn't became the minister of magic, I can still work with Luna as a zoologist. These are the things I want to do when I grow up or even a muggle writer!

I felt someone staring at me. There it was, Draco. He had his eyes nailed at me as his piercing sight saw my face.

He made me smile, again

The feast started but I wasn't hungry. I just went to my dorm.
I laid down on my bed, relaxing.
I was starting at the ceiling.

My mind just wanted to think about Draco, just how fast the night changes but It will never change him and I.

Just how fast everything is changing, now what will happen in this year is just unique mystery.
I am looking forward to this year, there are going to be many new events this year. I hope I will be happy.

" Be careful, Eve "
" You are not alone"