𝟎𝟐𝟐. ❝ 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 ❞

❝ 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 ❞

after their little adventure at the junk yard, the group decided to head to the wreck

"stealing. drones makes you hungry." kie said as they all climbed out of the van.

"yeah and so does flirting with old men." tanner said as jj grabbed her hand and helped her out of the van before doing the same to kie. not that they needed help getting out, jj just liked to do that.

jj groaned at tanner's words. "im still not happy that you both had to do that."

"we got the drone didnt we?" tanner said as kie and her sent jj a smirk.

jj smiled at them and walked towards the wreck. "what i would do for a beer and shrimp and grits right now." "it would not be pretty."

"i still need to feed tigger." "ill get him some fresh fish from the kitchen." kie smiled at tanner who thanked her.

the group walked in but stood in the corner near the counter as kie tried to get free food from her father for them.

the father-daughter duo stopped talking and looked towards the friends who all smiled and waved at them.

tanner's smile dropped as she noticed mike glaring at them.

he looked around at them before he spoke. "only one fish for tigger. he shit out front last time he had two."

tanner and jj winced at the memory. the smell was horrid.

"sit down."  the group smiled as the rann to a table to sit down.

when the food was brought out, tanner held tigger on her lap and let him eat the fish he had gotten. she got some weird looks because she was letting her cat eat a fish, but that was normal.

tanner sighed and looked at jj as kiara signaled for john b to get up and dance with her.

"i know." he said. "it hurts me too."

the two of them always knew that they had unknown feeling for kiara and each other but none of them acted on them. jj knew tanner and kiara liked each other deep down, but he always hoped that they would like him like that too. little did he know, they did.

it was the next day and john b and kie were underwater messing around in front of the drone while jj, pope, tanner, and tigger were sitting in front of the screen watching them while jj tried to mess with the buttons

"whats that?" jj messed with a button but his hand was slapped away by pope. "dont touch that. im trying to work out this thing."

john b and kie rose to the surface and john b spoke up as jj and tanner sat on the edge of the deck putting their feet in the water. "hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to the lawyer in town and file a formal claim."

"its bullshit. why do we have to do it?" jj said looking at tanner who nodded.

pope sighed and walked to jj's left side. "well, there is a maritime salvage law. you cant just go to the ocean floor and scoop up a bunch of stuff."

"pope, lawyers arent cheap." tanner spoke and jj agreed.

john b swam towards them. "as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp."

kiara asked the question that was on everyone's heads. "how do you know all that?"

"my dad said it a million times."

a/n: new update and new cover picked out by fearlessswiftt-loversplanet

-loversplanet