Chapter 4| Trance

A single ray of light was leaking through the messily draped curtains on the window of Donghyuck's pitch black bedroom but it was oddly enough to twitch his eyebrows. "Why?" He bluntly groaned.

For some reason even his groan was plain. There was no hint of any sort of emotion in anything he did or said. He resembled of a machine which was barely breathing because he was supposed to.

He dragged his legs to the windows taking huge strides through the wide axis of his luxurious room. Frustration took over him when he found himself struggling with the curtains. How does anyone get this thing to work?

He sighed to himself and that too internally.

In the process of struggling with his overly expensive bland curtains due to his poor sense of interior designing, his eyes fell on something, the cabinet beside the window. He opened the first drawer of it.

His lips curved upwards into a smile when he found the thing he was looking for. It was a picture of his whole department on the day of orientation. His eyes habitually found Sara who was so drunk that day that she could not sit still.

Her head was resting on Donghyuck's shoulder and her eyes were closed. Why do you drink so much if you can't even handle it? He thought while smiling to himself.

The day of orientation was the day when Donghyuck had first met Sara. She was a drunk mess already, trying to find a washroom in an unfamiliar campus.

Donghyuck had come out for a cigarette at that time. He usually tried to avoid smoking as he was an athlete, a soccer player but all that drinking had created a lump in his throat which he needed to melt with a few puffs.

All of a sudden, Sara approached him, tugging onto his sleeve. "Can you help me find the washroom?" She asked him, looking miserable. The male dropped his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it.

"Sure," he responded calmly. After that, Sara did not let go off of him for the whole event and forced him to take her to her apartment. They eventually ended up sleeping with each other that night.

The male freshened up and did his morning routine without caring that he was getting late. He had no morning class that day as he would be practicing soccer.

So he took his sweet time to get ready and go to the university. Nobody could say anything to Donghyuck even if he got late. Despite him being a freshman, he had already created an important place for him in the soccer team.

All of the other players knew that he was the best and they could not win against other universities without him so nobody rebuked him, not even the coach for being arrogant or self revolved.

Last day, he had skipped classes for some reason Sara did not know since she failed to make Donghyuck respond to her question. Sara bought a cup of americano as she did every morning.

"Today, the soccer team is practicing. Let's go and watch them in the gym," Eunchae said, entangling one arm with Sara's. The female furrowed her eyebrows at the mention of the soccer team.

Means Donghyuck.

"I really don't think I have time. I have this thesis to work on—" Eunchae rolled her eyes at the brunette. "Stop giving your thesis excuse, Sara. It has gotten so old already. Everyone knows that you are lying. They just don't say it to your face."

"Really?" Sara asked even though she was not curious at all. The female nodded as her response. "So come with me to watch the hot seniors and the hottest guy of our class."

"Who?"

"Obviously Lee Donghyuck!" Eunchae replied as if Sara had made a sin asking that question. "You are close with him, right? I saw you two sitting together in the class. So I will just pretend that you are the one who dragged me to watch their practice as you know Donghyuck well."

"But the thesis—" Sara got interrupted by Eunchae clicking her tongue. "Will you stop that already?"

Eunchae and Sara seated themselves on the stairs of the gym. Donghyuck soon appeared, wearing a jersey and a pair of shorts. He had not noticed Sara's presence yet for which she thanked her lucky stars.

After the practice ended, Donghyuck pulled up his jersey over his chest to wipe the sweat of his face with it. The male opened a bottle of water and drank more than half of it before pouring the rest over his face.

Sara watched one droplet escaping his face then trickle down his toned abs.

"Like what you see?"

__________

Vote for the chapter please!!

My goodness what can I do to get an interest like Donghyuck in my campus. I would be so sincere with my studies then :((