Chapter 16| The Date

The two of them kept sitting beside each other in silence after the last sentence said by Sara on the phone call with Jaemin. She let him know her whereabouts and the fact that she had sprained her ankle.

The silence was eating out the female. She was not used to being so quiet around Donghyuck. "How are you?" Sara finally broke the ice that was decided to be kept by Donghyuck until Jaemin appeared.

He had wanted to stay beside her and the excuse he gave himself was that he was worried about her since she was injured and could not walk on her own.

"I'm not sure about what you want to know," Donghyuck muttered, looking at her.

There. Sara thought. There is that gaze again which I can't avoid at any cost. His eyes—so dark and incomprehensible. I want to know you, Hyuck.

Sara inched closer to the male. Why won't you just open up to me?

Donghyuck exhaled deeply. He could not afford to be at this distance with Sara right now. He had been avoiding seeing her or talking to her for the past few days because it was even harder for him to be around her.

Be around her and not being able to kiss her.

The male still did not know what he wanted. He was unsure of his own feelings. He did not know how to stop Sara from being with her own crush.

Still without him even realising, he closed the gap between them. His gaze shifted from her eyes to her lips.

Sara was wearing a pink tint that day, exactly how Donghyuck liked. He leaned forward, his palm brushing over the back of her hand which was kept on the bench.

Sara let out a small exhale. The air around them changed. It was suddenly like the old times when they would not hesitate around each other except for playing push and pull.

Sara closed the gap, leaving only a few centimetres between them. She knew that once her lips touched his, she would not able to back away.

But what do I do about this uncontrollable urge?

Their lips were about to touch—so close but a phone call interrupted them, causing Donghyuck to instantly back away.

His eyebrows were knitted together, nostrils being a little flared—as if he was in pain. Sara was still in that moment, not being able to stable herself yet.

Donghyuck ran his tongue over his lower lip, calming himself down.

Sara checked her phone screen to see Jaemin calling her. She picked up the call before making her breath evenly paced.

"Hi," she said to him. "Where are you exactly?" Jaemin asked her from the other side of the call. "Near the stationary, behind the big tree. I am sitting on one of the benches. You will find me there."

Donghyuck stood up while she was still talking to Jaemin. He made a gesture with his thumb signalling the way where the event was going on to indicate that he was heading towards the event.

It was actually a lie again. He was not heading towards the festival. He would go to the gym again to clear his head and get rid of the frustration he had pent up in his mind.

Sara opened her mouth to say something but closed it again when Jaemin spoke up, "I will be there right now. The crowd isn't letting me pass."

"I understand, Jaemin. Take your time," she reassured him before hanging up.

Thus Sara kept waiting for Jaemin to help her get up and walk. The silence had returned which she feared the most.

Jaemin came after a while. "How did you end up here after spraining your leg I mean?"

"Uh—Donghyuck helped me," Sara replied causing Jaemin to lose the colour of his face. "Oh." His voice conveyed his disappointment.

"So what should we do? I don't think we can go back to the fest. Let's just go to some place nice, a restaurant maybe?" He suggested, trying to lift up the atmosphere.

"I just want to go home now. I don't feel like being outdoors anymore," Sara apologetically said, knowing that she was ruining their date.

Jaemin pursed his lips. "Sure, as you want."

________

Vote for the chapter please!

The chapter was such a mood kill:((