Chapter 21| Peace

"How have you been doing?" Sara asked Donghyuck while placing the bowl of porridge in front of him which she just cooked.

The male let out a low groan. "Burning as fuck." Sara crossed her arms over her chest. "Is that a creepy twisted way of calling yourself hot?"

A deep chuckle left his plump lips, causing the corners of Sara's lips to twitch upward as well. He finally smiled. Even though the humor in her non amusing joke was very low, it somehow managed to make the atmosphere brighter around them.

"How have you been doing?" His deep voice sent a shiver down her back. It was the exact topic she wanted to avoid. She did not want to talk about herself.

She did not want to tell Donghyuck that she was having the time of her life with the guy because of whom they fought.

The black haired male looked up at her, noticing the sudden quietness. Taking another spoon of the 'not so edible' porridge, he spoke up, "Is that too much of a difficult question? I'm not professor Han and this is not your semester final Ryu Sara."

The brunette quickly shook her head. "That's not it," she searched for right words, "I am just—Let's not talk about myself anymore. How is the porridge?" She finally asked about the thing she referred to as a dish.

The question and sudden spark in her eyes caused Donghyuck to purse his lips. "I did everything exactly as the recipe."

Maybe not in the same order then—The male answered in his mind. "Didn't know you can cook." For a brief second Sara was happy hearing his answer but she could not prevent herself from getting suspicious.

And the fact that Donghyuck's expression became bitter every time he ate a spoon did not help at all. "Is it that bad?" The fence asked, frowning. His knitted eyebrows made her realise.

"Why? Could I not compliment Ms. Gordon Ryu's dish enough?" He joked to not make it obvious. "Can I have a sip?" Sara perked up.

Before Donghyuck could stop her, she had already snatched the spoon from his hand and took a spoonful of her own made dish. Her face scrunched up in a second.

"Ugh," she growled but did not throw up and forced herself to gobble it down, "How are you eating this shit?"

Sara complained and was about to take away the bowl from in front of him. But he caught a hold of her wrist just in time. "Talking while chewing is a bad manner, idiot."

Sara sat back down, covering her mouth with both of her palms when there was absolutely nothing in it and Donghyuck just lied to make her stop.

"Now shut up and let me eat in peace."

________

Vote for the chapter please!

This chapter is kinda my favourite type. Peaceful domestic time. I love how comfortable they are with each other.

Don't skip meals y'all!